SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   " All Is Lost" movie (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/105056-all-lost-movie.html)

priscilla 10-25-2013 04:31 PM

" All Is Lost" movie

Let us have some fun....for those who can get to see this film with Robert Redford, as sailors, how many things can we discover that are wrong? Its due out this week.

benesailor 10-25-2013 06:22 PM

Re: " All Is Lost" movie

Good luck finding a theatre!

azguy 10-25-2013 07:46 PM

Why must we always find fault, if you read the reviews the movie is much more than just about sailing and the critics are already saying academy award.

Do we really need to pick on a winch being wrapped backwards or that a wrong knot was used. One of my favorite sailing moves is "Wind" and I'm sure there are thousands of wrongs on that movie.

IDK, just MHO

MobiusALilBitTwisted 10-25-2013 07:58 PM

Azguy +2, the like only works one time, i will go see this movie because i think it will be a very good one

saltydognl 10-25-2013 08:32 PM

Hi All,

Why do we have to critique this film. Your not a sailor if you havent made any mistakes. Your not a person if you havent made any mistakes. EVERY BODY makes mistakes. Just ENJOY a Bloody good film. Long live Waterworld LOL

Sublime 10-25-2013 08:32 PM

I'd rather go to a movie to watch the movie than go to a movie just to pick it apart.

Delezynski 10-25-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azguy (Post 1110644)
Why must we always find fault, if you read the reviews the movie is much more than just about sailing and the critics are already saying academy award.

I am STILL trying to figure out what happened to the dink in Capt. Ron! The chart caught fire on it, was put out. BUT, they had to wade in chest deep water into the beach???? :confused:

I will bet that some VERY funny stuff ended up on the cutting room floor! :D

Greg

seafrontiersman 10-25-2013 08:49 PM

Does anybody know where All is lost is playing in South Florida? Why aren't theatres showing it? I live in WPB and I can't find anything around here.....

MobiusALilBitTwisted 10-25-2013 10:04 PM

Not Showing in Waco Tx, this place sucks for that Fact Alone

BubbleheadMd 10-25-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by priscilla (Post 1110580)
Let us have some fun....for those who can get to see this film with Robert Redford, as sailors, how many things can we discover that are wrong? Its due out this week.

Hey, let's try this:

You pick the movie apart and find all the wrong bits. Do it silently, in the privacy of your own boat. Keep the results to yourself.