Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2013
Daniel - Norsea 27

Rhapsody-NS27 is on a distinguished road
Re: "Free boat" seaworthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
I meant that I am thinking a boat nearly 30 feet would cost more to maintain and store. when calling marinas, they all asked the size of the boat before giving me a price. but, I do see what you mean. 24' to 27' is only 3'. lol.
One thing to consider is whether the marina rents their slips by the size of the slip itself or by the actual measurement of the boat.

My boat is listed as 27' but with the bowsprit, it is 30' and I also have a wind vane that brings it to 32/33'. I did measure it myself just to get an idea of total length.

Quote:
Aside from what it teaches you, there is simply the indescribable degree of peace that can be achieved on a sailing vessel at sea. I guess a combination of hard work and the seemingly infinite expanse of the sea - the profound solitude - that does it for me. - Billy Campbell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2013

captain jack is on a distinguished road

there is obviously a lot to learn about marinas. I am used to trailering. this is a new world, for me.

it's kind of like the idea of joining a yacht club. I am the least likely person you would see in a yacht club. think biker/pirate/Viking. lol.

I guess I've never been a social sailor. I mean, I talk to people, when i'm getting my boats set up or ready to leave. you'll exchange a few words as you sail by. i will lend a hand, while they are at the dock. I have saved a few people's butts. i actually sailed beside one family while i told them how to sail. that's a funny story. but I've never hung out with the sailing community.

so, except for people that know me from sailing at Marburg ( and their just people i am acquainted with, not really fiends i hang out with), i don't have any sailing friends.

guess i need to work on that a little.
Old 10-31-2013

he actually did send me the HIN : "Here is only number MDZ44432B075 model is listed as fiberglass. It was built by a local builder who only built 5-10 it is referred to as a Chesapeake in an article.

Hope that is what you need."

so, there it is. now to look it up. why did that take so bloody long?

so it's a 75. waiting for the site to open up to check the MIC ( key mouse lol).
MDZ is Maryland homemade boats
and i can't find anything with that info....

Last edited by captain jack; 10-31-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-31-2013
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough

You think it is this boat known as a Chesapeake 20'?
CHESAPEAKE 20 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2013
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
there is obviously a lot to learn about marinas. I am used to trailering. this is a new world, for me.

it's kind of like the idea of joining a yacht club. I am the least likely person you would see in a yacht club. think biker/pirate/Viking. lol.

I guess I've never been a social sailor. I mean, I talk to people, when i'm getting my boats set up or ready to leave. you'll exchange a few words as you sail by. i will lend a hand, while they are at the dock. I have saved a few people's butts. i actually sailed beside one family while i told them how to sail. that's a funny story. but I've never hung out with the sailing community.

so, except for people that know me from sailing at Marburg ( and their just people i am acquainted with, not really fiends i hang out with), i don't have any sailing friends.

guess i need to work on that a little.
YCs are not anything like you may be thinking. Unless you are into the Big ones like Annapolis YC. all the clubs on the river here are pretty down to earth. No ascots and caps LOL

My boat is for sale.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
You think it is this boat known as a Chesapeake 20'?
CHESAPEAKE 20 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com
no. already beat my head against the wall looking for Chesapeake boats on that site.

the chesapeake 20 is a centerboard day sailor ad too short. this boat is a 24' keel boat.
there is a Chesapeake 30 which is 24' LWL. it's a keel boat but it has a motor. this boat has an outboard bolted to the stern. the Chesapeake 30 is the same as the seidelmann 30. there is a seidelmann 25 but it's not related to the Chesapeake name. also, i looked that stuff up before i had a picture. now that i have seen the picture, it looks nothing like any of those boats.
Old 10-31-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

The old Free, Sunken, Undocumented, Broken boat trick.

"Free boat" seaworthiness-image.jpg

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
YCs are not anything like you may be thinking. Unless you are into the Big ones like Annapolis YC. all the clubs on the river here are pretty down to earth. No ascots and caps LOL
that's good to know.
Old 10-31-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
Captain Jack! This is the boat that needs to go:

I have a phone number, and I know he owes the club some money. Boat Angel from Ebay had it but the deal went bad so it's still here.
It does float by the way.
Jacko - if I were in your flip-flops I'd take this boat in a heartbeat over that other piece of crap.
paul323 likes this.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
The old Free, Sunken, Undocumented, Broken boat trick.

Attachment 16154
that is seriously funny. he fact that you posted that and i got it ages the both of us. lol. agent 99 was so hot. i had the biggest crush on her when i was a boy. lol

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.