Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013
Canuck Sailor

canucksailorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailorguy
ICW Webinar for newbies Nov 5

Hello all - for those struggling with their trip south on the ICW, or looking for more advice, veteran cruisers, writers and authors Mark Doyle and Wally Moran have teamed up to offer a one hour webinar on cruising the ICW. This will consist largely of questions from the participants, which the pair will answer during the webinar.
The focus will be on those cruisers who are doing the ICW now for their first time, and are looking for advice on their trip. If you, or anyone you know, could benefit from this webinar, it's being held Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 7 pm. The Google sign up page is https://plus.google.com/events/cgu2t...4e1gaajvph54mg and there is no charge of course.
See you there!

Update - I've now completed editing this video and you can watch it at either my blogsite, http://bloggingtheICW.blogspot.com, look for the ICW Tune Ups link or via youtube, at

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cuba - Forbidden Paradise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by canucksailorguy; 12-08-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2013

svhandy is on a distinguished road
Re: ICW Webinar for newbies Nov 5

This Might sound like a silly Question....

Is there by chance a recording of this session or a way to review it after the fact? It sounds like information that would be useful to many. Especially hearing all the questions about the ICW southbound from others.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2013
Canuck Sailor

Not a silly question at all, and thanks for asking. You can watch the entire webinar on my blog, at LiveBloggin' the ICW, and look for the link "ICW Tune Ups". fyi, we plan on doing more of these webinars, so stay tuned!

Old 12-06-2013

svhandy is on a distinguished road

Thank You Very Much

That is exactly what I was looking for. I am looking at possibly purchasing my next boat from a northern east coast area and have no ICW experience.

Thanks again.
Old 12-06-2013

Delezynski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksailorguy View Post
Not a silly question at all, and thanks for asking. You can watch the entire webinar on my blog, at LiveBloggin' the ICW, and look for the link "ICW Tune Ups". fyi, we plan on doing more of these webinars, so stay tuned!
THANKS for the info.

Just watched it and got a lot of info.

We are/were West coast sailors for a LONG time. Now thinking of heading east some time within the next couple of years. LOVE to get info to fuel the ideas.

Greg

Youtube page -
Old 12-08-2013
Canuck Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by svhandy View Post
Thank You Very Much

That is exactly what I was looking for. I am looking at possibly purchasing my next boat from a northern east coast area and have no ICW experience.

Thanks again.
You're welcome. If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask. You can reach me more easily by utilizing the contact form on my blog, LiveBloggin' the ICW

Old 12-08-2013
Canuck Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delezynski View Post
THANKS for the info.

Just watched it and got a lot of info.

We are/were West coast sailors for a LONG time. Now thinking of heading east some time within the next couple of years. LOVE to get info to fuel the ideas.

Greg
You'll love it over here - we have anchorages that are closer together than every 400 miles...