Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2004

blackhat is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina - Sensitity

To my faithful audience who has missed "blackhat", your Dock Witch Almighty is back on the scene! I checked myself into the Sedona Sensitivity Clinic, but when an overworked, exasperated instructor finally suggested to me (after I had extended my stay for the third time) that I just practice getting in touch with my soft feminine side, I yelled "Are you out of your mind, or what?!". A refund is in the mail. DWA''s traveling expenses, minimal because brooms do not require fuel, will be hidden in your monthly electric bill.

Since practice makes perfect, DWA has some sensitive remarks to offer:

Poor Hypocritical Harry, who had to seek medical help to unlock his middle fingers from over his pointer fingers. He had those fingers crossed so tight that Ivan would wipe out the entire marina so that an insurance payoff would save him from having to replace the rotted docks, 12-25 year old pilings, and the inadequate fire hydrant system. Harry, if those middle fingers of yours are not working properly, past and present boat owners of RPM will gladly give you their middle finger.

During Ivan our GM (in his Gaseous Moron role) was observed walking the docks trying to acquaint himself with the marina. He was carrying his copy of "Boating for Dummies" in a Ziploc bag and was heard mumbling nautical terms of out context.

Realizing some rather costly work needs to be done to restore the marina''s trendy "shabby chic" look, and having fired the security guard, our GM (in his Gallant Moron role) personally staked out the area behind the bathhouse until he spotted the homeless person with the sign around his neck: Will work for food. After his work assignment is completed, he will be rewarded with stale pastries and a bill for $150 for use of the ground.

At the first ray of sunshine our GM (in his Grass Mower role) issued the order to continue chopping those mangroves. Some to the ground! For those of you who have expressed concern that the "trimming" of the mangroves lacked a permit to do so, just ask the Grass Mower to show it. Or for more personal satisfaction, contact the EPA.

Of course, in the wake of danger, RPM should remember that ongoing credit is due to Palmetto''s fire marshal who saw fit several weeks ago to un-condemn the clubhouse on the third floor. Not only are boat owners free to gather there now, they can seek its "safety" for hurricane parties.

My most sensitive comments are for Lisa, Bill & the kids who lost their boat (and home) to Ivan. I''m sorry I made your life so miserable that you anchored out in the river. But $150 is $150! You''re lucky to have real friends who keep you in their prayers and truly care.

Finally, my last sensitive comment is, upon catching up on Sailnet discussions: HEY! bwalker42! Don''t you know that "God helps those who help themselves" is not from the Bible? Benjamin Franklin said it.

And, the Proud Mayor of Palmetto just keeps looking on and smiling.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2004

DockDemon is on a distinguished road

My dear, dear DWA. Oh, have I missed your peculiar point of view. I was truly afraid you had gone soft, having accomplished so much, in such short time. To cheer you up is my fondest desire. Think about all you and your mentor GM (Guileless Muppet) have accomplished since usurping power:

1. Reduced the marina income significantly. Here the brilliant strategy of chasing out those pesky live aboards and replacing them with discounted broker boats has worked wonders.

2. Rid the marina of all maintenance and upkeep escalating depreciation of the assets.

3. Fired, or otherwise got rid of, everyone who disagreed with you (which was, of course, everybody). Do you think Harry will every wake up and realize that something is wrong? Nah!

4. Stonewalled the city in their effort to enforce safety and fire regulations. Woo hoo! I lick my swollen bicuspids in anticipation of an upcoming disaster.

5. Stubbornly refused to learn anything about running a marina, dock management, or -- lucifer forbid -- customer service.

6. Even managed to fill up a diesel boat with gasoline and then not have a clue what to do about it. Suggestion: start the engines immediately.

You and your GM (Galloping Mop) have done nothing wrong in your quest to destroy Regatta Pointe. You have been clearly on message since the beginning. Harry''s clear forsightedness in bringing you guys in is obvious. Isn''t it?

All my evil,

Your devoted Dock Demon
Old 10-08-2004

soaringwind3 is on a distinguished road

Hi all you RPM vets! I too feel sorry for Bill and Lisa and Chris and Amanda. What really hurt was the DWA laughing and happy that she would not have to deal with them anymore! She told many people how happy she was...and since Bill and Lisa sold their Morgan she will not have to see them again or call the cops on them! I understand Lisa does not want to live on a boat and I can understand....They lost their home and way of life and thats what is truly sad having to start over. Blckhat are you sure the GM can read????
Old 10-09-2004
Banned

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point

My dearest darling Blackhat,
I''m touched by your concern for the source of the aquisition of my knowledge. Hugs and prayers.

BTW, I am brushing up on some Marina Management since everything I touch turns to gold.

See ya
Old 10-09-2004

halyardz is on a distinguished road

So...she''s still there? Is she an MBA grad?
I''m dying for some background on this whole thing...like did it change ownership? Is there a business motive behind these "management" tactics?
Old 10-13-2004

blackhat is on a distinguished road

My dear, dear Dock Demon, how I''ve missed you too! Thank you for your support in helping me to make this marina even better. Your insight to the problem of a diesel boat being filled with gasoline has been so helpful. Your DWA has posted a sign that when this happens, we are to start those engines!

soaringwind3
Of course the General Moron can read. Comprehend? As my Dock Demon would say, Nah!

bwalker42
you....marina management....hmmmm

halyardz
If you would like to catch up on enlightening discussions, they are in archives. If I get this wrong, one of my followers will set you straight. Resources to Message Board to General Discussion to Search, Key Word is Regatta Pointe Marina, 60 days or longer, Search.
Old 10-15-2004

Izabella01 is on a distinguished road

Blackhat? can you tell me why the owners of Africana were NOT in the marina and not on thier boat during ''ivan''....is that when they suffered the extensive damage. Yes I saw it. Unfortunately the cat is parked in front of my boat out in Cortez. What exactly do the owners plan on doing with the boat? Hopefully it will be moved soon. I have a date to go into St Pete municipal Nov. 1. Not sure how they are going to get the travlift in there to splash me.
Finally..
It sad to see such a nice boat with so many nasty holes in it. It is also sad to see someeone lose thier home. I guess the good part is that no one was hurt in her ordeal.
otoh.. karma...

I was at Regatta last weekend to look at a boat that Massey had with a freind. I was dismayed at the way the marina looks. Rather ratty. I was sorry to see locked gates on the brokers docks.
I was further surprised to see christian literature posted so blatantly around the marina. I wonder if your DWA knows or cares how discrimminatory that is.

I have been gone for several months from the nets. I was surprised to see this still a topic for some. If you really hate RPM so much why not just leave. You sailed in, and can sail out. It would sure lessen your misery..lol..leaving that is.

We still keep our Catalina 400 across the river. Have since june 2003. We both think that TDM is a class act. The dockmaster deals with his customers in a professional manner. The docks are well taken care of. .

oh well.. i am up here in st pete.. life is peaceful. We will more than likely move the big boat up here too.. since we will be living back on her starting in december and communting, for me at least, to st pete daily to work. While we refit for cruising.. that is if i can find slip space up here for a 40 footer. sigh...

blessed be, fair winds blackhat.

Have faith.. it will all eventually work out one way or the other.
Old 10-19-2004

soaringwind3 is on a distinguished road

Hi Izabella01 I am from Regatta Pointemarina and know the owners of the boat. It was supposed to be taken to another place entirely. I am surprised it is there. I thought it was insured and the insurance company was having it taken to the racetrack that was damaged in the storms and has over 200 damaged boats there. Let me know what you find out. i have not seen the owners since right before this happened just spoke to people who had helped them. I understand they are getting an apartment and want nothing to do with boats for awhile...thanks for any info
Old 11-13-2004

FalconEddie is on a distinguished road

Brenda Walker? THE Brenda Walker who wrote "Crush" and two other books? The Brenda Walker who writes poetry and edits and has something new coming out soon? Hmmm What on EARTH are you doing in a RPM management meeting? Especially because you were born in and still live in Australia? This is so weird, so cosmic. Besides, you sound so much like Laura Rojas I just think you must be twins. I could be wrong. Maybe someone is just using the name for some reason. Or maybe there is a Brenda Walker in RPM management, although, since I just quit the staff of that place, I never remember seeing her, or hearing of her. I can, however, talk intimately about Laura and Klaus. There''s a pair of bookends. I wonder if I should?
Old 11-13-2004
Banned

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Falcon,
Wrong Brenda Walker, I am a published poet, and I an a song writer, and I am working on a book at present, But the Brenda Walker you described is not me. I have no reason to lie, like so many others. Also I have never been to RPM. Nor have I claimed to have ever worked there. I simply stated I might get into Marina Management since I only succeed at anything I set my hand to, and I have so much experience in all other areas of real estate and property management. I also have helped people on this site with their leases.
But I reiterate, I have never been to RPM. Nor have I ever worked there, and it would take and act of God himself to get me to go there!
Love,
Brenda