SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Best sailing blogs of 2014

27K views 63 replies 50 participants last post by  Boogie Nights 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for the best sailing blogs to add as links on my blog. Please contribute your number one favorite blog, or your own if its awesome. :)

#5 ·
Though there are no fresh posts on it, the Sequitur blog still gets a few hundred hits a day. At its height it received over 3000 per day. It seems to have become an archive: Sequitur Blog

All the fresh posts now go to the blog of our new boat: Zonder Zorg, which gets a few hundred visits per day.

#7 ·
I love Banyan and Windtraveler. Both of the ladies are exceptional writers and help you live through them.
Windtraveler is in the early family stages with one cute little girl and two more girls on the way. She takes very nice pics and is honest with what it takes to cruise.
Banyan is retired and living the life I want in 2 years. She emotes passion in her writings of the surroundings and the people they meet.

Both of these are great and I read them daily.

Hope you like them...

#9 · (Edited)
So many good blogs out there!

Here's a few I'm into lately:

Katie & Jessie on A Boat - Two carefree (mostly) 20-something friends embark on a sailing adventure from the Great Lakes to the Bahamas aboard a Cal 2-27

Sundowner Sails Again - The refit and eventual adventure of a couple and their Westsail 32

SV Estrellita 5.10b - Veteran South Pacific cruisers enjoying the ride through the SoPa aboard their Wauquiez Pretorien

The Voyage of Swell - A female pro surfer takes on the seas solo (mostly) aboard her Cal 40.

I'm also partial to my own blog, chronicling my fascination with sailing, boats and water.

#17 ·
You might consider adding a link to the blog hop The Monkey's Fist: Collecting Cruisers' Perspectives where topic coordinators curate pages with link to liveaboard/cruiser blog posts on a wide range of topics from pets aboard to energy management to culinary adventures. Disclaimer: I've curated a couple of pages (Going It Alone and Energy Management).

My own blog is www.svambrosia.com; the misadventures of a single girl and her boat.

#23 ·
WARNING WARNING

Make sure you have comment moderation turned on in you blog. For the first time in a long time I have been hit by a number of spam comments. They are not abusive, I believe it is just to get more search engine hits. Of course I don't post them.

Fair winds and following seas

#25 ·
I really like BLJ's blog.

Dock Six Chronicles

It really shows how a normal guy can successfully own a sailboat. Sounds like a great marina too. I will likely be shoved out on the outer dock myself!

I also like this, as he is OCD (in a good way) about his refit:

The world encompassed

And finally I have found the trials and tribulations of this to be interesting:

Josh & Hope

#26 ·
There used to be a blog about a guy that bought a Catalina 30 in northern California . He sailed it down to Mexico , then to the South Pacific . The last I read it he was doing repairs (he hit a reef) . His plan was to get fixed and sail on to New Zealand . Sorry I can't remember the name of it I found out about it from Latitude 38 . Anybody know it ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.