SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   My Website is finally up... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/105706-my-website-finally-up.html)

Cruisingdad 11-14-2013 04:44 PM

My Website is finally up...

Hi everybody,

My website is finally up! It took a year and a half to get it there, but finally got it done.

It is filled with destinations and reviews on places we have been, with more coming everyday. Click on 'Travels, Places, Reviews' and it will lead you to many of the places we have been from Pensacola to the Keys. Key West will be up this week, as I hope a few others will too. THere is also directions to get into some of the tricky anchorages and things to see around the various areas. I separated it into sections, so clicking on Tampa Bay, for instance, will show you many different links and destinations inside of there (Emerson Point, Beer Can Island, etc).

There is NOTHING commercial about my site (yet). I am a writer and will start putting my books out there at some point in the future, but have one that needs the editing completed and another (The Guide to Living Aboard and Raising Children Afloat) that is not quite done yet. I have cleared all of this with the ownership and the mods before posting and they are all fine with it. When I do start selling books, I will take out an ad like everyone else.

The site is not perfect. It is a LOT of information, and after being urged by my wife and several friends, we decided it was best to have something out there that wasn't perfect than nothing at all. So, let me know where the screw-ups are and what you think of it.

I will keep working on it and hope to keep improving. Thanks for taking a look!

Site: Home Page

Also, my new blogspot is: Cruisingdad sets sail...

Brian

BoatyardBoy 11-14-2013 05:02 PM

Re: My Website is finally up...

Bookmarked thanks!

-sent from sea via corked bottle

CalebD 11-14-2013 05:37 PM

So I guess that this means that "Active Captain" will now be obsolete, eh?

chall03 11-14-2013 05:39 PM

There better be grilling recipes.

svHyLyte 11-14-2013 06:02 PM

Very nice Brian, but you need to get a few more snaps of your (Much) Better Half out there old son!

Captainmeme 11-14-2013 06:52 PM

Bookmarked and I believe I'll be following you a bit closer than the Bumfuzzles.

jppp 11-14-2013 06:59 PM

On the Travel guide/Cabbage Key section, that's my dollar hanging way down above your wife's head. and the Cayo Casta beach shot is where I scattered my dads ashes. No really.

smackdaddy 11-14-2013 07:33 PM

You, my friend, are a very good writer. Great work.

smackdaddy 11-14-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalebD (Post 1120898)
So I guess that this means that "Active Captain" will now be obsolete, eh?

Now that's funny.

poopdeckpappy 11-14-2013 11:11 PM

Fantastic site Dad