Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Missing Boat Found- No Skipper

You mean that isn't how your supposed to warm up a wetsuit before a dive?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken, opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-23-2013

nolatom will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
You mean that isn't how your supposed to warm up a wetsuit before a dive?

Um. Not "before". Now *during* a cold-water dive after being well-hydrated as always to minimize risk of getting bent, ah, well....

Next question ;-)
Old 11-23-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.hess View Post
thats your opinion..

and this isnt my penis is bigger than yours contest either but in my 24k nm sailing history I HAVE been in instances where I just cant go down...

that might be becaise I usually sail more simple boats with only maybe one form of self steering, or maybe it might be that I unfortunately got in a situation that I couldnt take a quick break from the helm...who knows? not the point!

man!!!!!!!!

is it that hard to beleive that other people have other points of view?

I mean what if your autopilot failed, and you lost something oevrboard, or your sail got stuck, or whatever I mean there are infinite scenarios...yet you think there will ALWAYS be a chance to go down into the head and sit down and take a pee?

man

its not all about what I think...we must always see other points of view
I think if it were me and I was in that situation a simple solution is just pee on the cockpit floor. Simple matter of flushing it off with a bucket when you get a chance. Simple and safe.
christian.hess likes this.
Old 11-23-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.hess View Post
thats your opinion..

and this isnt my penis is bigger than yours contest either but in my 24k nm sailing history I HAVE been in instances where I just cant go down...

that might be becaise I usually sail more simple boats with only maybe one form of self steering, or maybe it might be that I unfortunately got in a situation that I couldnt take a quick break from the helm...who knows? not the point!

man!!!!!!!!

is it that hard to beleive that other people have other points of view?

I mean what if your autopilot failed, and you lost something oevrboard, or your sail got stuck, or whatever I mean there are infinite scenarios...yet you think there will ALWAYS be a chance to go down into the head and sit down and take a pee?

man

its not all about what I think...we must always see other points of view

I think if it were me and I was in that situation a simple solution is just pee on the cockpit floor. Simple matter of flushing it off with a bucket when you get a chance. Simple and safe.
Doesn't get much simpler than something like a painter's cup... attach a light lanyard to dip it in the drink for a rinse...

A plastic dinghy bailer could serve a double function, as well...

Never ceases to amaze, or amuse, how complicated some can make something as simple as taking a leak... :-)

Last edited by JonEisberg; 11-23-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2013

bfloyd4445 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
No we all do not pee over the side. What a stupid, unsafe thing to do! Even in Harbour at anchor, or at a marina peeing over the can be fatal with one slip and the bang on the head.

I hope this guy didn't die that useless and wasteful way.

But for anyone reading this please remember that peeing over the side is an absolute no-no.

Mark
if pee dosent go over the side were does it go then in the bilge?..or do you think it should be filtered and used again?
Old 11-23-2013
new dad!

christian.hess is on a distinguished road

my point simply got lost with all the negativity...my point was yeah basically to get out of dodge you cant always go downstairs...

i have peed in gatorade bottles, water bottles(with aim) jajaja in my foulies, over the side, when at anchor over the rail I mean there are a million ways...yes even into the wind...what nobody has been drunk enough to forget to not pee in the wind?

I agree with all above there are many things both commercially sold and available and made up

dinghy racing sailors do it all the time...its just another point of view...
when I used to race lasers all I did was jump in the water come right back up and get sailing again

dont know what all the hooplah is about

Im glad I know how to use the ignore button on here know at the end of the day...life is too short to argue all day on something as peeing or the possibilty of someone dying while peeing and possibly falling overboard

whatever the case maybe Im trully sorry someone died and had his boat still sailing...may his soul rest in peace...

I havederailled this thread too much and for that I apologize

carry on
Old 11-24-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough

Do you guys have seen this?

Two people have been rescued from cold Puget Sound waters after falling out of a sailboat.
Seattle Police Det. Renee Witt said Saturday that two people fell off the boat before 4 a.m. and were unable to get back on board. Other people in the boat threw ropes and life jackets to help them stay afloat, but Witt says the people were in the water for a while before friends decided to call 911.

Crews rescue 2 who fell out of sailboat | HeraldNet.com - Northwest

There are some that are thinking in a way to get back alone to the boat if they fall on the water but it seems that some not even with help can get back on board and that is not the first time that I have heard this kind of stories. Those have been lucky but others have died.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-24-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Do you guys have seen this?

Two people have been rescued from cold Puget Sound waters after falling out of a sailboat.
Seattle Police Det. Renee Witt said Saturday that two people fell off the boat before 4 a.m. and were unable to get back on board. Other people in the boat threw ropes and life jackets to help them stay afloat, but Witt says the people were in the water for a while before friends decided to call 911.

Crews rescue 2 who fell out of sailboat | HeraldNet.com - Northwest

There are some that are thinking in a way to get back alone to the boat if they fall on the water but it seems that some not even with help can get back on board and that is not the first time that I have heard this kind of stories. Those have been lucky but others have died.

Regards

Paulo
Probably the strongest argument in favour of sugar scoop transoms.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken, opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 11-24-2013

quandryron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to quandryron

What I find amazing, and basically unknown to us landlubbers, is that the simple act of relieving one's bladder over the rail can get you killed. I'm thankful that I found this out before I bought a boat than after, possibly the hard way. Makes one wonder what other little known lifesaving tidbits of knowledge I have yet to learn.