Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004

SailinJay is on a distinguished road
And Freedom For All

''Bella--

Your statement about any boat over 40 feet being required to be documented is not correct. The USCG regulation requires documentation for "any vessel of at least five net tons which engages in the fisheries on the navigable waters of the United States or in the Exclusive Economic Zone, Great Lakes trade, or coastwise trade..." Vessels used exclusively for recreation may be but are not required to be documented, and length is not an issue.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2004

newby1018 is on a distinguished road
And Freedom For All

This discussion is going on some other boards also. Soaringwind3 where in AZ are you? I am at home in Az now (looking at the beautiful snow) but just returned from Fl and SC to get our boat a state registration. Thought if I went right to the SCDNR with my new SC address they would take my money but the lady said no, just need Documentation on this boat. I said that I wanted a state registration, she said no. I said then do I just choose a SC as my hailing port for Documentation, she said yes! Crazy. If I use AZ as my "hailing port" then don''t I owe sales tax to Az?
Old 12-08-2004

Eliduc is on a distinguished road
And Freedom For All

Yes it is normal. What do you expect from a state that tazers 6 year old children with 50,000 volts. I lived in Florida for a few months. I moved because it''s a police state and I really didn''t feel safe there. They locked all the exit doors in my daughter''s middle school. The excuse was probably to keep the perverts out but what about if there is a fire? The place was like a prison. In the county next door a second grader got in a minor scuffle with his teacher. The police charged him and his name was published in the newspaper. The whole state is sick.
Old 12-08-2004

newby1018 is on a distinguished road
And Freedom For All

Finally got my vessel exchange for documentation forms off to the NVDC. The very helpful folks there said that is the policy of SC, that state does not require documented vessels have their state registration. I do not mind paying fees/taxes for state requirements, just that I do not and will not be living in Fl so don''t want to pay there. When my documentation is complete then I will register/title in SC so as not to be stateless. Good bye Fl. The Latsandatts.net bulletin board has people that are so angry in Fl and the way boaters/livaboards are being hassled. Makes the time frame for the long cruise come sooner and sooner...
Old 12-08-2004

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
And Freedom For All

I just talked to a friend who is in Key West he says the place is "sick" and that is not slang for cool. The big money is so parinoid they have to have everything secure and locked up so no one can spoil the paridise they have built for them and only them.The truth is I don''t care any more I am going to do as I please I will play it as close to the rules as I can but I am not going by the book. I don''t see how they think that a set of rules can work for such a diverse population that is totaly out of the question.And The kid they tazered did have a piece of broken glass from a picture frame to try and protect himself from six adults that had him cornered like a rabbit fighting off the dogs. The women officers who tazered him shot him in the chest and in his pelvic pubic bone both shots were uncalled for the chect shot could have been fatal to an adolecent.I saw the film of that I almost threw up . I was so outraged by the Nazi Bitches actions it was beyond words no matter what the child was small and they should have backed off and let him calm down.Had he had a gun I can see that kind of force but a piece of glass get some welding gloves and take the glass away from him or simply break the glass with a baton that,would have been my way but then I am not some hyped on steroids rookie cop.Oh there I go stereo typing them that makes me just like them except I did not rscially profile them.Geez they may come and drag me away for this under the homeland security act.Semper Fi
Old 12-13-2004

dameware is on a distinguished road
And Freedom For All

Why would a kid who is confronted by 6 cops not drop the glass and/or anything else he was holding?

Was in Minneapolis last weekend and this was in the news; a cop responded to a call with his trained dog Ė a young naked man is running around in someoneís unoccupied house. The cop confronts the kid, the kid lunges toward the cop and the dog responds by clamping onto the kidís scrotum. Dog lets go, kid loses a testicle, other cops are now on the scene and the kid keeps resisting/fighting them.

Cops arenít always right, but they have the might. Why fight that?

Old 12-13-2004

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
And Freedom For All

I saw the pictures of this kid he was a whole foot shorter than a standard chainlink gate. They were filming the kid and he kicked the gate open and went into his back yard not happy that all the idiots with cameras were asking him ,How do you feel. Well if some one shot you in the chest and about one inch above your wennie with a dart and knocked you on your butt how would you feel. Remember when you were a kid and the lid slammed down on mister winkie Ohhhhh shitttttt.Your tender at that age.