Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004

SailinJay is on a distinguished road
Everyone should believe in something. I believe I''ll have another beer.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2004
Senior Nappy Headed Ho

Denr is an unknown quantity at this point
I''m considering a new faucet for my kitchen sink at home, any recommendations from you bible thumpers?
Old 12-17-2004
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Denr,

As always (well, most of the time), I find your humor to be most refreshing. You had me laughing with this one!

Now, with all due respect to the other "contributors" to this topic .............. You have 2 big choices for your faucet-- Delta and Moen. Personally, I put my faith in Moen. I think 94 percent of the founding fathers would agree, too!

Respectfully,
SailorMitch (he who reads the Tao te Ching for inspiration when he can''t drink a cup of really good coffee in the cockpit watching the day come alive on a crisp Chesapeake morning)
Old 12-17-2004

Stede is on a distinguished road
Hello to all my sailing brothers and sisters, Merry Christmas!

I’ve been away from this site for awhile while I use more, and more of my time helping my wife as she struggles with cancer. For some reason, I felt I needed to come back here today. The first topic I saw was this one, and I had to respond. “Happy Birthday Jesus.” What a simple statement to draw so much debate, and controversy. Who was this “Jesus?” Well, almost every major civilization through out time has some reference to him through their historical records, so I think it’s fair to say that he did exist. But, who was Jesus, prophet priest, or king? This question seems to be where the difficulty lies for men. We each have to find the answer to that question for ourselves. His simple message of “love, peace and hope" have confounded men for centuries. I’m sure it will continue to do so until the end of time. It seems man’s arrogance over rides this simple message while trying to resolve the complexities of an existent creed that isn’t dependent on anyone, or anything. To the believer in Christ, there is no mathematical formula or science that proves his existence. None is needed, for we see his subtle hand moving within our lives, directing us to a promised place where there are no wars, pain, or sorrow. To neither deny nor acknowledge this “presence” we feel publicly, would be as impossible for us as it is to sail without any wind. To the non-believer, there is no phrase, evidence, or purpose that exemplifies that a divine plan is in place, and there is a purpose in all things we witness, both good and bad. Without a change of heart, the soul of man is void of redemption. So what is the answer to the indifference between believer, and non-believer? The answer is summarily given with one word.Tolerance. You either care enough for your sailing brothers and sisters here to let them speak without fear of being rebuked, or not. Listen to hear, not to speak. For in this exchange lies the power of knowledge.

It is my hope, that all my sailing brothers and sisters reading this, both believer and non-believer will use this Christmas season to spread the simple message that Jesus brought to this earth so many, many, years ago. Peace, love, and hope. Use this time to mend a troubled relationship with a friend,or loved one. Reach out to someone that is in need. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Work for peace. Start your new year caring for others more than you do yourself. Strive daily to make this world a better place by you being here. For in these actions, is a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-17-2004

Old 12-17-2004

Old 12-17-2004
Banned

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Happy birthday Jesus!
Thanks for everything you''ve done for us!
I lift up all of our troops over there in Iraq to you and ask you to supernaturally protect them and give them comfort especially at this time of year.
It would be nice if the conflict would end so that they could come home and be with their families.
I also lift Stede''s wife up to you and ask you to grant them a miricle of healing for her. I thank you for your stripes.
And, also that people would prize lovingkindness and helping each other above opinions, for it''s certain that we all get what we''re looking for in this life you gave us.
I''m sorry for allowing some of the people here to make me angry and for throwing your word a round in a manner that was not pleasing to you. So I ask you to forgive me for that.

And also I lift up little Laura at RPM and ask you to bless her with whatever she may need.

Again, thank You for all that you have done for us.

Happy Birthday! And even if the day we celebrate is incorrect, thank you for giving us a day to celebrate You, wonderful Jesus!

Love, Brenda
Old 12-17-2004
Senior Nappy Headed Ho

Thanks sailormitch, I went with the numbers per your suggestion and purchased the moan.

And now back to the bible thumpers...with no due respect!
Old 12-17-2004
Senior Nappy Headed Ho

Thanks sailormitch, I went with the numbers per your suggestion and purchased the Moan.

And now back to the bible thumpers...with no due respect!
Old 12-17-2004

DelmarRey is on a distinguished road
sneuman,

Yes! They sound like disgruntled Christians to me. I''ve been there! We''ve all had our days when we had doughts and anger towards God. And we''ve all had our days when we''ve sinned and ask for forgiveness.

And, I don''t believe George Orwell had anything to do with the Constitution or the Declaration.

Isn''t it ironic that the Declaration starts out with the mention of God!!!!!

"The Declaration of Independence of the Thirteen Colonies
In CONGRESS, July 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature''s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. —Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

The signers of the Declaration represented the new states as follows:

New Hampshire
Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton

Massachusetts
John Hancock, Samual Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island
Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery

Connecticut
Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott

New York
William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris

New Jersey
Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark

Pennsylvania
Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross

Delaware
Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean

Maryland
Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia
George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton

North Carolina
William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn

South Carolina
Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton

Georgia
Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton

Merry Christmas to all.................._/)