Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2013
Owned by Velcro

Ferretchaser is on a distinguished road
Re: Heading south

By the by, that restaurant is shut .......... so can't even go for a meal out here.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2013
Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road

"Not that a dram is essential to the ship's safety but overlooking an important supply such as that, concerns me. It needs to be on the list of "Spares" for any voyage. See to it post haste. Plan ahead in future!" An echo!

Down

Last edited by downeast450; 12-10-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-10-2013

NautiG is on a distinguished road

Anchor in Jackson creek on the south side of Stingray Point. Dinghy into Deltaville Boatyard. They have all the facilities: laundry, internet, courtesy car, etc. They charge a nominal fee and are popular with transients. You can get everything you need in Deltaville: groceries, beer and liquor, boat gear etc. Although there is not much else to see there except a visit the largest West Marine on the East Coast.

Scott
Gemini Catamaran Split Decision
Old 12-10-2013

three-quartertime is on a distinguished road

Ah, Deltaville. The last time I was there was many years ago. If the hospitality today is anything like it was back then, Michael will be happy.

We ducked in Deltaville in the middle of the night when sailing down the Bay in gale force winds. Tied up to a marina dock and crashed. When we woke up late morning, we went up to the marina office to pay the dockage fee. After talking to the marina owner about the rough night we had out on the bay, he said if you need anything in town, take my car. He slide the his csr keys across the counter. I thought I was in an alternate universe.
Old 12-11-2013
Owned by Velcro

We had a nice run down to Deltaville today with winds no more then 10 knots it was a nice ride. Cold but sunny. Just before we got to the entrance of the bay, there was a toot behind us and we got stopped by the coasties. They thought it looked a bit unusual seeing our two boats out there this time of the year. Well they did their inspection and I found out that one of the fire extinguishers on board Tessie is out of date and so are 3 of my flares. They gave us a couple of stickers that are needed in Virginia about not dumping oil over the side..... has to be stuck inside the engine compartment and after a couple of hours they were on their way and so were we. Dropped the hook and hightailed it with the dink to shore to find some rum and guess what we got a gallon of it and a bottle of coke to mix with it as well. Feet up, fire on and chilling now.

ATB

Michael
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Old 12-11-2013

NautiG is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reminder to get a new fire extinguisher and flares next year (Among other boat things). Let me know if you have any queries about Dville. It's my home port. Hurds is a good hardware store in town with some boating stuff too. But I suppose you'll be on your way soon anyway.

Scott
Gemini Catamaran Split Decision
Old 12-12-2013
Owned by Velcro

It looks like we are going to be stuck here for a couple of days with the weather the way it is and Tessie not liking it out there in the cop and the cats hate it to. So I am in search of some propane for the heater. We walked past west Marine yesterday on out treck to the booze store and there is that hardwear store on the right that you talked about so may have to drop in there to get some fire extinguishers for Tessie today. Don't want to get stopped again and not have them.

ATB

Michael

Old 12-12-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road

There are worse places to be stuck. I wasn't able to find any great restaurants, but the people are nice and it's a cute little town.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-12-2013
Owned by Velcro

Yup, I just walked over to the gas station to change out the two propane tanks for the heater and on the way back a guy went out of his way to give me a lift back when he saw me carrying those two cylinders. Nice folks indeed.

Old 12-12-2013
Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road

Sounds comfortable enough. What will you shoot for on your next leg?

Down