Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2013

NautiG is on a distinguished road
Re: Heading south

Do not top off your water tanks in Deltaville. The water stinks of sulfur. Most people go to the spigot outside the fire station to fill water jugs.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2013
Owned by Velcro

Ferretchaser is on a distinguished road

well the way it looks here, we can't even get fuel at Deltaville boat yard and the water is shut off anyway, Could have done with a hundred gallons of gas for Tessie but have enough to make it to Hampton ( and back )
Weather wise it looks like we are going to be here for a couple more days, so if you want to come over for a drink, give me a shout and I'll pick you up with the fast dink.
302 373 4041

ATB

Michael
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Old 12-12-2013

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the offer of a beer. Unfortunately, I am in Baltimore now and the boat is in on the hard at Stingray Point Boat Yard. Let me know if you have any questions about Deltaville. I also did the ICW a few years back. As mentioned above, there aren't really any good restaurants in Dville. We usually go to Cocomos when we go out.

Safe travels,
Scott
Gemini Catamaran Split Decision
Old 12-12-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Unfortunately, you are currently south of Smith Island, or I would send you east to the island's inlet and Allen Tyler's Bayside Inn Restaurant. Keep heading south my friend, winter is here full blast. Dipping down to the lower 20s tonight.

Good luck,

Gary
Old 12-13-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road

You might give a call over to Norton's and see if their fuel docks are open. I thought they were open year round (I thought they were working in January when I was there), but I may be mistaken. There is a lot of commercial traffic in that area, too, so I'm sure there's diesel to be had close by.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-13-2013
Owned by Velcro

We may just get a weather window tomorrow to make the run down to Hampton. Fingers crossed and an eye on the grib files.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Old 12-14-2013
Owned by Velcro

Well we did not get the weather window we hoped for, so are going to be stuck in Deltaville for a few more days. Not a bad place to be stuck though. We went for a walk this morning and had breakfast in a little cafe, got back to the boats and and a warm up beverage and started putting the Christmas decorations up on Tessie, listening to some seasonal music. Have to have a rummage in the ships stores to make some dinner tonight and watch a movie afterwards. Got the anchor windlass stripped down and have to make a couple of parts for it to get it working again. Lifting that anchor and chain up is a straight eleven on the hernia scale and that only goes to ten. Happy to report that our little generator is not complaining about all the lights we put up for decoration. Topped up the ATF in Tiki's transmission, changed the o rings on the fuel caps of both boats and am rebuilding the a salvaged fuel pump for the outboard on the dink.
There is no such thing as a proper lazy day when living on a boat ( boats).
I think if we ever get boarded by pirates, I will hand them the " things to do list" first. That should make them seek some form of honest employment if nothing else will

All the best

Michael
LesleyS and rivorsaylor like this.

Old 12-14-2013

If you are looking for something to do, there is the maritime museum which is a short walk from Deltaville Boat Yard. Also, a small "private" beach at the end of Rte 33 (I don't think anyone would mind you walking out to the beach this time of year). I can't think of much else to do in Deltaville, esp this time of year.

You are probably already aware of the Chesapeake Buoy System with live weather conditions. The Stingray point buoy is at http://buoybay.noaa.gov/locations/stingray-point

Scott
Gemini Catamaran Split Decision
Old 12-15-2013
Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road

How's the rum holding out?

Down
Old 12-15-2013
Owned by Velcro

The rum is going down well and we now have enough of it.