SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Batteries & Charging

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Batteries & Charging

Opinions on Lifeline AGM batteries? Thier claim is they are the "next generation battery". Do the batteries really live up to that?

#2 ·
Batteries & Charging

They are regarded as the best of the "no-maintenance" type batteries. Top of the line lead-acid batteries will give you more charge/discharge cycles but only if you maintain them. With my woefully bad reputation for maintenance, I opt for the no maintenance type.

#3 ·
Batteries & Charging

Sorry I cannot cite the exact volume but Sail Magazine ran a comprehensive article about 18 months ago which did a balanced job of covering the strengths/weakenesses of most battery options one will find on the market today...back subscriptions are available by calling Sail at 1-800-362-8433

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.