SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Catalina 38 owners

7K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I know that thier are not allot of the Catalina 38es around I think the number is less than 400. I was wondering why the Catalina 38 site www.catalina38.org has such a small following and the site never gets upgraded is it because the site is privatly owned. Why does Catalina support every boat they have ever built but the 38. This is a burning question and when you ask about how many layers of glass or spare parts or any questions about this design to the Catalina people you get nothing 0 zip nada.

#2 ·
Sailnaway,

Catalina stopped manufacturing the C-38 in about 1990, 15 years ago. I would imagine that in 15 years, those people at the factory familiar with the 38s are gone, probably due to turnover. BTW, I am ex owner of C38 #297 and never had a problem with factory support though parts were becoming scarce. As far as the class websites go, they all are privately owned. Just my 2 cents.

#4 ·
Thanks Duffer I belong to that list but like you said it only works some of the times. I think the server it is on is very small or maybe its the software they use for a mail server. It just is not working to well I have e-mailed the members several times and have not had but one reply a long time ago.

#5 ·
The c38 e-mail list IS working. It seems the e-mail address changed when Sailnet changed their e-mail lists. No wonder I wasn''t getting any feedback. I resubscribed to all of the lists I was on and now I am getting feedback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.