Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2013
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road
Major problem in mexico

338 boats have been impounded by a new agency that has been visiting boats and checking paperwork. These boats are not allowed to leave Mexico or to move from the marina. No boats have been chained to the dock [ yet ].

See Latitude 38 - 'Lectronic Latitude for more details.

Talk about killing boat tourism !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-21-2013

manatee is on a distinguished road
Re: Major problem in mexico

QUICK -- someone warn ZEEHAG!!
blowinstink and LoboPops like this.
===========================

"The skipper should be the calmest person on board.
It is good for the morale of those around you. However, if everyone around you is frightened then be aware of the possibility that they know something you don’t."

~~Dylan Winter,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Good article and fair warning. At first, I thought the documentation requirement seemed pretty straightforward and those that failed to comply had it coming. However, reading that you are considered guilty (improperly documented), if you simply are not on your boat when they come to check is typical 3rd world country. Then when they won't take you off the provisional embargo even when you appear with the documents later, smack like the corruption they are so widely known for. A few hundred US greenbacks would have probably released the embargo. The world can be an ugly place, and often is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 12-21-2013
Banned

dabnis is on a distinguished road

"So, gringo, how much money do you have for me"?

In all fairness, I have never been there nor do I have any plans to ever go there. Only know what I have read about, sounds rather scary, kind of like "you bet your boat"?

Paul T
Old 12-21-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about

We have friends stuck here at home with serious medical issues, and with a boat sitting at a marina there... I imagine they have been caught up in this and may not even know it. I think/hope they have a caretaker that will keep them informed.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 12-21-2013

benesailor is on a distinguished road

What's the possibility that some of these boats will be "requisitioned" by the Mexican government?
Wonder if it would be worth it to sail away and deal with US authorities upon arrival in the states?
Old 12-21-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road

ok here is my take on it all..is a purge localized in the area in which a certain individual was mouthing off about falsified papers.
the area included banderas bay, golfo de california, and ensenada.. the places that person bragged about being able to find falsified papers. ...AND the timing was right...within 4 months of the postings, purge.
there is no such thing as coincidence.
federales who understand english and some of whom actually read forums and facebook....
napoleonic law as a legal basis,
and a mouthy person bragging on false papers and the location of same.. go figger.
as no jackboots came south of banderas bay , even to huatulco, and as no one south of banderas bay was jacked up, i cannot believe it was a coincidence that only those areas were targeted. the good thing is this 1 yr alleged veteran of mexico cruising is going to south pacific. should be interesting.

there is no mordida on west coast for checking into mexico nor in the maintenance of legal workings, unless you CHOOSE to give. and that is for buying a policeman when you wish your tienda protected. as most of us do not fit into that category, there is no problem except a single ignorant soul who could not stfu about things he knows nothing about.
i hope your friends boat is not one of the 338...if it is, they need to send someone to the sat to liberate it , with original papers of everything --.tip, document, visas, allllll...boat will be liberated within 4 months, sooner if you go to sat yourself.
as there are over 300 boats left in mexico at present with no owner present, i believe the mexican govt has been tolerating gringos quite well. we sail south and leave our unwanted boats in mexico... how would you deal with that insult??

btw--they do not want our boats...they have better ones. trust me i know. oh yes, and i am fine...didnt even smell federales here...
i HAVE been hearing a lot of comment about the arrogance and ignorance of gringo cruisers..might wanna clean up yer acts. lower yerselves a bit to not be so above them --they are a proud people with happy souls, even the overworked ones...accountability is a biig thing here...seems gringos ¡who leave boats here do not have accountability....

sat is tax office. they are approachable. donot offer mordida, as that is an insult nowadays. they brag on the fact usa is more corrupt than is mexico anymore..lol

dabnis--i find mexico no scarier than catskill, ny. is pleasant here with rules well spelled out and defined. obey laws and no problem. mouth off about falsified parers or illegalities and ruin life for over 300 souls who are perhaps innocents.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

Last edited by zeehag; 12-21-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-21-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
there is no mordida on west coast for checking into mexico nor in the maintenance of legal workings, unless you CHOOSE to give. and that is for buying a policeman when you wish your tienda protected. as most of us do not fit into that category, there is no problem except a single ignorant soul who could not stfu about things he knows nothing about.
as there are over 300 boats left in mexico at present with no owner present, i believe the mexican govt has been tolerating gringos quite well. we sail south and leave our unwanted boats in mexico... how would you deal with that insult??

btw--they do not want our boats...they have better ones. trust me i know. oh yes, and i am fine...didnt even smell federales here...
i HAVE been hearing a lot of comment about the arrogance and ignorance of gringo cruisers..might wanna clean up yer acts. lower yerselves a bit to not be so above them --they are a proud people with happy souls, even the overworked ones...accountability is a biig thing here...seems gringos ¡who leave boats here do not have accountability....

sat is tax office. they are approachable. donot offer mordida, as that is an insult nowadays. they brag on the fact usa is more corrupt than is mexico anymore..lol

zeehag, that sexy avatar of yours is decidedly a Mexican girl so you are a Mexican in disguise. That's the only way I can understand your position

Have fun cruising on the South,

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 12-21-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-21-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road

pcp...you ENCOURAGE the abandonment of boats in mexico??
or is it that you encourage the spewing of words regarding falsifications of papers and bragging on the practicing of illegalities in a nation unknown to your self and those who you endanger with that spewing of words in a napoleonic law based nation.......
there is no such thing as coincidence, amigo. do not go into other nations and spew that you are allegedly knowing where in golfo de california/ sea of cortez the falsification of papers is being practiced. you will encourage the wrath of that federal government.
the ones being besmirched, the federales of mexico, do not like besmirchment. they punish this. deportation is only one means of punishing those visitors who speak against the people and place and govt. those not liking it here can leave and they will help.
my papers are 100percent legal and obtained thru legal channels, id est, the government branch that does that, inm. i have also been a walking billboard in favor of mexico. i like it here..folks are nice and life is good. the officials are fair minded and trying to rid the system of old bad habits by creating new ones that change with each newly elected regime. everything changes here when govt is voted and changed. i t is too bad we cannot do that in usa. it is a good practice.
i have friends who are federales because i was a dockmate in one instance and i helped judge the regatta,,,,was a kick... i mingle with locals, not isolate with others of like skin color and language.

oh, and pcp...which is a bad drug......i am full blooded usa founding fathers´ ancestors....but i am not so arrogant nor ignorant as to put that forward in my routine lifestyle.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

Last edited by zeehag; 12-21-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
pcp...you ENCOURAGE the abandonment of boats in mexico??
or is it that you encourage the spewing of words regarding falsifications of papers and bragging on the practicing of illegalities in a nation unknown to your self and those who you endanger with that spewing of words in a napoleonic law based nation.......
there is no such thing as coincidence, amigo. do not go into other nations and spew that you are allegedly knowing where in golfo de california/ sea of cortez the falsification of papers is being practiced. you will encourage the wrath of that federal government.
the ones being besmirched, the federales of mexico, do not like besmirchment. they punish this. deportation is only one means of punishing those visitors who speak against the people and place and govt. those not liking it here can leave and they will help.
my papers are 100percent legal and obtained thru legal channels, id est, the government branch that does that, inm. i have also been a walking billboard in favor of mexico. i like it here..folks are nice and life is good. the officials are fair minded and trying to rid the system of old bad habits by creating new ones that change with each newly elected regime. everything changes here when govt is voted and changed. i t is too bad we cannot do that in usa. it is a good practice.
i have friends who are federales because i was a dockmate in one instance and i helped judge the regatta,,,,was a kick... i mingle with locals, not isolate with others of like skin color and language.
Zeehag coll down. I was being ironic. I appreciate your knowledge about Mexico and your attitude in what regards saying what you think.

Regarding mixing with others I am a typical Portuguese in what regards that. There is a Brazilian joke about the Portuguese: God made the black man and the white man. Portuguese made the "mulatos". Mulato is the result of a miscegenation but I don't know how to translate it in English I could use the word half-breed but that has a negative connotation while mulato has none.

Look at the Brazilian population, do you know of any country where miscegenation is so profound?

Have a nice Christmas.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 12-21-2013 at 02:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PCP For This Useful Post:
OPossumTX (12-26-2013)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.