Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2014

sweetcarolinesue is on a distinguished road
Re: Missing endangered man on sailboat Florida

He has a good boat, not much experience as a sailor and less on open water. He's fantastic with bright work, mechanical work....pretty much anything and everything on a boat whether it be sailboat or (#$#! motor boat)

I pray in his "sail about" he finally stops to think about his wife and family. and the impact of all of this.

Thank you all again for your support and positive comments. I will be updating this post more regularly. It has just taken some time to get over the initial shock and desire to reach out as far as I could possibly think of to try and find any sign of him.
jimgo likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2014

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcarolinesue View Post
I pray in his "sail about" he finally stops to think about his wife and family. and the impact of all of this.
Maybe he doesnt want to think about all that stuff. Maybe he trying to get rid of his stress in a very male way, forgetting about it.

His boat maybe his "man cave". A place where he is alone. The only place he can be where he doesnt feel hectored and pushed around by life and the people in it.

Sometimes I am like that too, I just want to be alone and i dont want anyone to even think of me, just leave me alone and i will come back when you have all forgotten about me. Just leave me be.

I hope its something like that.

Good luck.
downeast450 and jameswilson29 like this.
Old 02-09-2014

SailingStNick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SailingStNick
Missing endangered man on sailboat Florida

Any updates on your husband?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-09-2014

teebutch is on a distinguished road

She and I sent a bunch of text back and forth about three weeks ago and she was ready to move on and said she wanted to delete this thread. So I am not sure if she would be getting these inquiries. She had told me she would let me know if she heard any word. So with no info from her I would assume she has not heard anything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2014

SailingStNick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SailingStNick
Missing endangered man on sailboat Florida

Thanks, tee. Or Butch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-18-2014

There hasn't been any word from him or about him. I was in Florida in January - when he knew I was going to be there for his birthday. It was very painful. I was there, he was not. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him, worry about him, wonder if he is dead or alive.

Butch - I am sorry if you misunderstood my texts. I am not ready to move on - I just don't know what to do.
Old 02-18-2014

jvercher1 is on a distinguished road

Caroline,
Might I suggest posting this in other forums as well {cruiserlog}dot{com} has an Overdue and Distress section. The more it is out there, the better chance you have to reach someone who has some information. Best Wishes, Jeff
Old 02-18-2014

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road

I hope it works out
Old 02-18-2014
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about

Caroline, thanks for checking in. Sorry there's not better news, but all our thoughts are with you.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvercher1 View Post
Caroline,
Might I suggest posting this in other forums as well {cruiserlog}dot{com} has an Overdue and Distress section. The more it is out there, the better chance you have to reach someone who has some information. Best Wishes, Jeff

Thank you I will try that site too. I am truly sorry but I fail to understand how someone with significant tatoos, noticable eyes, possibly missing tooth and their dog would not be spotted on a 36' sailboat. It's been over two months and now I just feel like I have no idea where to look. I don't know if he went east or west. As I've mentioned several times, he doesn't have much blue water experience. Yes, he is capable of learning quickly. I know people walk away from their lives for one reason or another. We just had a connection - almost 8.5 years. It didn't matter how much time had passed in between us seeing each other....we just fit. We match. For him to just disappear continues to be something I can't wrap my mind around. Due to many of your posts, I am trying....but it's just not happening. I'm sorry.

I will continue to provide updates and will check out that other site. If anyone else has suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.