Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2013

benesailor is on a distinguished road
Camper special / Retirement home

This evening at the family get together at the in-laws the conversation started to drift toward the boats we own (my collection). The wine was flowing freely and we were picking on each other with great abandon.

Loads of fun.

I sprung it on the wife that i think i'll plant the 40 footer right off the deck buried up to the waterline, with blue stone surrounding the boat, so that i have a nice retirement home. This way i won't miss the boat when I'm to old to sail.

Nice and secure, stable and close by.

Give me a place to tinker in my old age and raise the sails up and down at will!

This way i can get away from the wife when she starts to nag. ( Keep in mind that this conversation was in fun. )

The rest of my family and in-laws have no clue how to sail. They have RV's so they could really appreciate this conversation. It got worse when it was mentioned that we would have to install a wood stove.

Wish u-all were there for the merriment that went on for several hours. One of our best Christmas eve episodes ever.

The wife is off to bed, to much proseco,,, we will see in the morning....

Merry Christmas all
Faster, bljones and jimgo like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-25-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: Camper special / Retirement home

Retirement? What's retirement? My wife said I can retire, but I have to be dead for at least three days. Around here it will be like "Weekend At Bernie's." I can't retire. I have music jobs booked till 2015, which is when I hope to be the oldest person to travel the ICW singlehanded.

Great story, though,

Gary
Old 12-25-2013

benesailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Around here it will be like "Weekend At Bernie's."
Please don't give the mrs's any ideas. I may have a pre-mature slip, trip or fall!
Old 12-25-2013

Seaduction is on a distinguished road

My sympathy to the Realtor that has to list the home after you and the missus vacate it for whatever reason. I can hear the buyer's comments now.
Old 12-25-2013

capttb is on a distinguished road
When the time comes I plan on giving myself a Viking funeral and taking the boat with me.
utchuckd and krisscross like this.
Old 12-25-2013

outbound is on a distinguished road

Actually since seein the Kirk Douglas movie as a kid that's been the way I want to go. Think it would be a crime to burn the outbound so would do it in a wood 12 1/2 and not be a hazard to navigation. Have a patient who owns a funeral home who told me it would be highly illegal. Figure thet can't sue me or jail my corpse so judgement proof except for The Lord. If wife singles the outbound past the 12 m limit with loved ones and friends aboard figure no one can go after her.
Always good to be the man with a plan.
Go celebrate birth not death today.
Old 12-26-2013

Capt Len is on a distinguished road

When we sold the sailing business this fall we gave up the name.to the new owner. As tomorrow is the 1st anniversary of my sudden demise and recovery we named our numbered company End of Life charters . Sort of a euthanasia spa and boutique .Selling franchises on the concept.
Old 12-26-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Len View Post
When we sold the sailing business this fall we gave up the name.to the new owner. As tomorrow is the 1st anniversary of my sudden demise and recovery we named our numbered company End of Life charters . Sort of a euthanasia spa and boutique .Selling franchises on the concept.
Another sort of business is already operating at the Royal Langkawi Yacht Club, also known as "God's Waiting Room." Where many cruisers spend their final days....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Old 12-26-2013

krisscross is on a distinguished road

Looking at how cheap the boats are these days, it might be cheaper to bury an old boat then to build a cabin... and quite easy to go off the grid as well. Heck, you could create an entire retirement community (boat 'trailer park') on cheap land not too far from the coast.
travlineasy likes this.
Old 12-26-2013
islander bahama 24

newhaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbound View Post
Actually since seein the Kirk Douglas movie as a kid that's been the way I want to go. Think it would be a crime to burn the outbound so would do it in a wood 12 1/2 and not be a hazard to navigation. Have a patient who owns a funeral home who told me it would be highly illegal. Figure thet can't sue me or jail my corpse so judgement proof except for The Lord. If wife singles the outbound past the 12 m limit with loved ones and friends aboard figure no one can go after her.
Always good to be the man with a plan.
Go celebrate birth not death today.

Not illegal for cremated remains. (I get full military burial at sea) as far as your corpse only illegal if you get caught. (So tell her don't get caught)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.