SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

The "SailNet is Done - 4 Year Old Thread!" Thread is Done

4K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  JimMcGee 
#1 ·
Did you guys notice that SN is not done, but the old thread about it being done is done?

Pity.

#3 ·
Ooh - that's scary. Everyone knows, you never take the brown acid.

Seriously, I've just never understood people's discomfort with an old thread being floated. They're mostly found by someone (usually a newb) doing a Google search on something...it pops up in the search, dumps them into the thread and they post. What does it hurt? I can see locking a thread when it gets out of control - but just because it's old? There's some really great info in old threads that can have a new perspective put on them with new posts.

It just seems like some weird forum etiquette issue that makes no sense.

#4 ·
Well, Smack, actually we're concerned for your time management issues... if these old threads keep popping up how are you going to keep up in the 'steel boats' thread?? :p

#19 ·
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the Jolly Roger and begin to slit throats". - H. L. Mencken

#13 ·
I like to think that SailingDog still lurks hereabouts and I imagine his head exploding every time an ancient post is resurrected.

Reactions: smackdaddy
#20 ·
Ohhhhhh, an ignoramous thread, master Denby will be sooooooo proud, especially all of us that are ignoring this thread.....so run along, this thread will be done after I am done typing and posting, I promise! so run along, nothing here to see, I can hear any how, so nothing to hear either!

marty

#27 ·
Bump I'm bored.

Let's make this a Sailnet is done cause it has a different font in white, blue and red thread.

Or Brent can just hijack it - and this can be the new steel boats thread.
I have never hijacked anything, just responded to a question asked by someone else ,about steel boats. It turned out that I was the only one active in that jeering contest ,with any hands on experience with steel boats, which explained why those who were pretending to be gurus, attacked me for fear of having their ignorance of the subject exposed. It was the plastic pedlars who did the hijacking. It was they who tried to make any discussion , and exchange of information of steel boats a taboo subject on this site.
Thus for experience based info on steel boats, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/origamiboats
Is a far more reliable source of steel boat info.
There you get answers to your questions ,not jeering from the plastic people. And the answers you get there are experience based, especially the posts from mid to late February 2015.

#30 ·
I can't criticize newbs for answering a question about a passage that was asked 5 years ago or responds to a crew wanted ad from a decade past? I'm done.

Seriously though, if the narcoleptic resurrection is just continuing the conversation, no prob. But the newb with one post is probably being helped by being told they will never get a reply in some cases.

BTW, sailnet is done. We just all live in a dream.

#31 ·
I'm waiting for Brent to settle into his La-Z-Boy with his laptop, pull up HerSailnet and figure out a way to bring up steel boats in all the threads:

Is sailing sexist? Not when you are on a steel boat...

Sailing braless is much more acceptable on steel boats...

You'll find more boat clothing for the plus sized woman if you own a steel boat...

Reactions: chall03
#33 ·
I'm waiting for Brent to settle into his La-Z-Boy with his laptop, pull up HerSailnet and figure out a way to bring up steel boats in all the threads:

Is sailing sexist? Not when you are on a steel boat...

Sailing braless is much more acceptable on steel boats...

You'll find more boat clothing for the plus sized woman if you own a steel boat...
Do you really think Brent sails braless? I always pictured otherwise.

#35 ·
I like rhetoric posts about rhetoric posts. Seems the highest form of internet forum discussion.

:devil:nerd:kiss look new smilies, there's still hope

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.