Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005

Mkfcdl is on a distinguished road
We are still here

I''m still here--just was in Europe for the summer. Now I''m back in Texas and we''re looking at a hurricane in a couple of days. Which reminds me, I need to install that backup bilge pump . . .

My 2 cents worth to the reporter--I''ve ordered over $10,000.00 from SailNet''s store and they were courteous, prompt, and I''m completely satisfied. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2005

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road
We are still here

Reporters suffer from the occupational hazard of being resented when they peek under the bed and find dust bunnies we wish weren''t there. Mark, if you were in Europe and just returned, you missed all the ''fun'' others were having with Sailnet (undelivered merchandise, full charges placed against their credit card, no replies to their calls & emails).

Even someone like me, who gave up on Sailnet some time back and lost nothing during its implosion, thinks the reporter''s time could be well-spent digging up the explanations to a few simple questions, such as: did Sailnet knowingly charge customers for goods they knew they were unlikely in the near term to sell? while busy taking orders & charging cards and simultaneously dismissing their staff with the phones & emails unanswered, what if any fallback actions did they take to make this less than fraud? and what''s become of the money spent on merchandise undelivered - have challenges to the charges fully protected the customers at the expense of the banks?

Regrettably, my guess is that there will never be enough info dredged up to fill a full story of the event.

Jack
Old 09-21-2005

captain323 is on a distinguished road
We are still here

I am here, although I have been reading over at cruisersforum.com lately to pass the time in corporate cube city.
Old 09-21-2005
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
We are still here

I check in on occasion, out of curiosity. Each time I do though, I expect to see one of those "Website not available" messages on my monitor.

There dosen''t seem to be much sense in contributing to a forum without legitimate representation.

Steve
Old 09-21-2005
Senior Nappy Headed Ho

Denr is an unknown quantity at this point
We are still here

Of course we''re all here, that''s because I''m pulling the strings, pushing the buttons and feeding the little squirrel in the cage but, be careful what you say because I can make you all disappear faster than Saddam Hussein’s WMDs (right) before you can say "shock and awe" or nuke-u-ler!
Old 09-21-2005
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
We are still here

For I am the great and mighty OZ . . . pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Old 09-22-2005

george_allred is on a distinguished road
We are still here

from the Charleston newspaper

Last week, [Kevin Campbell]''s office sold the sail-making unit of the business for $26,000 to Cheryl Boyle, a former chief executive officer of MarineNet, and Samuel Levin, an area real estate agent who is listed as both a creditor and a shareholder in MarineNet bankruptcy filings. Boyle and Levin outbid William "Squeaky" James, a former salesman for AirForce sails.

[John Rublaitus] told Campbell''s office Thursday that MarineNet was in a shambles when he showed up. According to Rublaitus, MarineNet had not filed corporate tax returns in years, and vendors had not been paid in months and had stopped shipping products. Rublaitus also said the bank had pulled MarineNet''s line of credit, and there was no record of financial statements or corporate meeting minutes. There was also no evidence that MarineNet had ever employed a trained accountant, he said.

Rublaitus said the company sold between $4 million and $6 million worth of goods a year since 2000. Investors poured another $20 million into the business in that time. But the company only has $211,000 in assets, according to bankruptcy filings, which Campbell is trying to stretch over $1.4 million in debt. He said the value of MarineNet drops every day that it is not handling orders. First in line for any proceeds from the liquidation are a handful of companies that leased MarineNet office equipment and software. Customers who have not received goods they paid for also go to the top of the list.

Old 09-23-2005

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road
We are still here

George, thanks for keeping the rest of us informed of this.

Jack
Old 09-24-2005

starcresttoo is on a distinguished road
We are still here

still here after winning a battle against thyroid cancer.I was careless as an x-ray tech for 20+ years and never wore the thyroid sheild.survived also hurricaine number 3 in two years....katrina passed rite over us as a cat one.
Old 09-24-2005

dman is on a distinguished road
We are still here

starcresttoo Always glad to hear about another cancer survivor.Glad you are doing better,Play safe.