SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   I''ll miss the articles (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/11977-ill-miss-articles.html)

EscapeArtist 08-31-2005 05:10 AM

I''''ll miss the articles

The original articles posted on this site by authors such as Beth Leonard, Sue and Larry, and my favorite, John Kretchmer, constitute the finest collection of non-fiction sailing writing I have ever seen. These guys basically taught me to sail.

Of course, there haven''t been any new articles in years. They stopped about the same time that people started noticing that Sailnet''s customer service was non-existent and the products were the same price as WM.

One thing I won''t miss is reading the postings of the various self-important pompous asses that hover around this board, like Jeff_H and denr. Now you can post on Cruising World with your own kind.

brazilnut 08-31-2005 08:01 AM

I think you''ll find that sailjazz (www.sailjazz.com) has the same calibre of articles by most of the same authors. Sailjazz was started by the original sailnet owners. There are new articles every few days or so. Now if they would only start a sailing forum on sailjazz ...

brazilnut 08-31-2005 08:01 AM

I think you''ll find that sailjazz (www.sailjazz.com) has the same calibre of articles by most of the same authors. Sailjazz was started by the original sailnet owners. There are new articles every few days or so. Now if they would only start a sailing forum on sailjazz ...

waltward 09-03-2005 08:09 PM

EscapeArtist

Regarding your post of Aug. 31st.

Your first paragraph; I agree with you that a lot of us are missing the articles written by the people you mention as well as several others.

Your second paragraph; It has not been "YEARS" since the last articles, by your favorites, were published on SailNet.
John Kretschmer --------------- 12/10/04 ------ nine months ago
Sue & Larry ------------------------ 3/28/05 ------- five months & a few days ago
Beth Leonard --------------------- 5/12/05 -------- three months & 22 days ago
You would know the above if you had the intelligence to go to the archives. Further; between two of your favorites, there are ten articles posted by them on another sailing site. After reading you post I would not bother to offer you directions.

Your third paragraph; You profess to be intelligent enough to tell us who might be considered a pompous ass, while in fact you seem to be without doubt the biggest "POMPOUS *******" that I have encountered on the entire internet. Again, after reading your post I can understand that some of Jeff_H''s writings would be over your head and therefore not of interest to you, as he spends his time helping some of us understand how various design features, effect the sailing characteristics and build quality of boats that are of interest.

As for your opinion of Denr, I again can understand you not having an appreciation for some of the things he puts on the boards. Denr is a thinker, and he does not beat around the bush, he tells as he sees it. You would also have to be a thinker to have an interest in what he has to say. You obviously do not have that capacity.

You will notice that I do not hide behind some cute nickname when I have something to say. I can not imagine doing that, and certainly, I would not have any respect for someone who does, as you do.

Walt Ward --- Boyne City, Mi.

dman 09-04-2005 03:34 AM

WOW! What a flurry of power shots!Nice work to the body Walt and then finnishing off with the left hook to the head!

themainerock 09-06-2005 10:59 AM

Back on topic,

Yes, the articles will be missed on sailnet but I have been in contact with Sam Boyle (the originator of Sailnet and the reason the articles exist) and he indicated that he is amassing an article database of new material on sailjazz.com and is posting the new articles on a regular basis. I have been very pleased with content and am very glad to have found my new daily "coffee break" website.