Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2005

wiley586 is on a distinguished road
Old Sailnet order

I had an order (#467523) in process when the old Sailnet went away. Will that order be filled?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2005

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road
Old Sailnet order

PMFBI...but of course not. Marine.com didn''t buy any obligations, they just bought computer files and ''content''. They would like to have your ''good will'' but would rather start fresh rather than earn it back. I would wager the folks who bought the "sail business" didn''t accept any financial obligations, either. Sadly, they all get to start fresh while you are called an ''unsecured creditor'' by the court and offered a small (empty) bag to hold.

I think it would be great if some of you folks who had charges assessed for orders never filled were able to pressure the bankruptcy administrator (or local DA) to look into how much money was ''invested'' but dissolved before the business went away. You might even have a shot at recovering a portion of your funds. But that normally isn''t what happens; instead, the typical dynamic is that small losses don''t generate much (individual) effort, while samll losses (accumulated) provide big ill-gotten gains.

If you just run the numbers, someone(s) collected a lot of cash the last few years of Sailnet''s operation. My bet is that the court and the DA know this but are wondering if it''s worth their time.

Jack
Old 11-12-2005

wiley586 is on a distinguished road
Old Sailnet order

Thank you for your rant. I am no sort of creditor as I was never billed for the order. I''m giving them the choice to fill the order as placed or cancel it.
Old 11-13-2005
jjj0923

Old Sailnet order

Thanks for this message. We do not have a record of unfilled orders, so unfortunately we do not know which orders were unfulfilled.

Of course we would love to fill your order. Please visit http://shop.sailnet.com or call the store at 800.597.1781

regards.

Jeff
(one the New SailNet Team Members)