T-mobile Data in Caribbean - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-30-2014 Thread Starter

T-mobile Data in Caribbean

I saw recently that data is free for T-mobile customers in most parts of the caribbean if you have the int. plan. Has anyone used this? Is it reliable/fast?

1984 C&C 29SD MK3
Seattle, WA
Mike Cain
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-31-2014
Lookin' for an excuse ...

I actually checked this out for a BVI charter I'm skippering in June. The speed for Internet access with T-Mobile is a fraction of what it is stateside. My experience with the area tells me coverage will be spotty as well, but I have no first hand knowledge of that.

T-Mobile has different programs for the access. The one I'm looking at will cost $25 for one month. They do limit your download capacity depending on the plan, and if you go over, they nail you big time with additional charges. You can cancel any time. By the way, I have T-Mobile's business plan, so a consumer plan might be different.

You should call T-Mobile. They are very helpful and will take the time to go into the plans for you.

Capt Tony
post #3 of 4 Old 03-31-2014
Master Mariner

Re: T-mobile Data in Caribbean

No experience with phone data plans down here, but we've been able to get wifi on our computers and tablet almost everywhere from St. Thomas through the islands to Trinidad. A lot of places it's free, others it's us$40 to us$50.00 a month, or around us$10 a day.
Sorry it's off topic, but perhaps it will help.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone
Our Videos;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 03-31-2014
no longer reading SailNet

Re: T-mobile Data in Caribbean

Free international roaming with T-Mobile is 2G speeds (about 100k). It's fine for email and light data use (like reading TripAdvisor for dinner recommendations or looking up tomorrow's weather), but you won't be streaming video over it.

I'm no longer participating on SailNet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.