Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2014
Singlehander by Default

nighthawk is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailing Dog's Boat Destroyed By Fire

Sorry for the loss SD. Hope you find a new wind catcher soon.

Visit my blog--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~~When you decide to become a sailor, you start with a full barrel of luck and an empty cup of experience. The trick is to fill your cup before the barrel runs dry.~~
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2014
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Wow.

I think I was the 4th or 5th guy to offer condolences in this thread. So I didn't "suddenly pop up". Jas said he'd been on the receiving end of Dog's heat back in the day (hence the limp, farting turkey) and he wrote a quote in Dog's style. I thought jas nailed that style and said so. Nothing more than that.

This is all obviously a sore spot for you, dude. So I'll move on. But your knickers are twisted WAY beyond anything I said or did in this thread. A hardening up might be in order.
No twisted knickers mate, it's the internet.

Maybe a bit of defensiveness.

Lets just let sleeping dogs lie.

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-30-2014

sailvayu is on a distinguished road

For anyone who has missed the abuse SD is now over on some of the sailing pages on facebook correcting everyone and calling anyone who does not agree with him a "Moron" I for one could do without this type of posting but like it has been said it is the internet! What more can you say.

Old 06-30-2014

davidpm is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=sailvayu;1973474]For anyone who has missed the abuse SD is now over on some of the sailing pages on facebook correcting everyone and calling anyone who does not agree with him a "Moron" I for one could do without this type of posting but like it has been said it is the internet! What more can you say.[/QUOTe

Would you post the link please?
Old 06-30-2014

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailvayu View Post
For anyone who has missed the abuse SD is now over on some of the sailing pages on facebook correcting everyone and calling anyone who does not agree with him a "Moron" I for one could do without this type of posting but like it has been said it is the internet! What more can you say.
He could be abrupt and had a bit of a superior attitude, but I don't remember him ever calling anyone names here. He seemed to be especially irritated, for good reason, with anyone who was looking for an answer and did not get the one they wanted. And I did find his "use search and look at the post in my signature" a bit annoying, especially to new members. His pre-purchase post is still referenced here almost daily and likely has the most views of any on topic post in the forum. I found his posts were often very informative. Was he someone I wanted to have over for dinner, no but perhaps a beer.

I agree that many of the comments here have been really classless. No matter how he may have treated you in the past does not give you the right to throw it in his face now. I hope he finds a new boat.
bblument likes this.
Old 06-30-2014

I am not throwing anything in anyones face. You are either a decent person or not. I am not one to pass judgment. The facts will speak for themselves. If you are not a nice person I think it will catch up to you. I too feel bad he has had losses in his life but that does not excuse not being a decent person. I am sure there are those that like him, he has done nothing to give me that impression and I am not hard to get along with. I am more than happy to have an intelligent conversation but when the first thing you say to someone is "you are a moron" then I am done. Sorry that is just me, I do not expect everyone to agree with me but if you do not, lets talk about it not throw insults. Helping people is a good thing but if you have to insult them to do it then that really takes away from whatever good you are trying to do and makes me think the good is only to boost a weak ego. I know this is the internet and for some reason that seems to give some a license to be rude, so be it, but i will not get pulled down into that cesspool. I wish him luck and I too hope he had insurance will get a new boat but I also hope he can temper his attitude, there really is no excuse to be rude. And with that i will say no more on the subject other than if he treats me with respect he will get the same in return.
bblument likes this.

Old 06-30-2014
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough

Quote:
There is no excuse for being rude. That applies to sailingdog and to those that might judge him. One doesn't have to be rude to notice that sailingdog left behind a dirty wake of unpleasantness and arrogance among other unfortunate characteristics. We don't need to lower ourselves to that level.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 06-30-2014

If I was rude I apologize that was not my intent.
davidpm likes this.

Old 06-30-2014

Omatako will become famous soon enough

I miss SD - whenever I had insufficient time to research stuff myself, I just asked the question here and in a flash SD came back with the best information Google could supply. What a handy resource.

I often locked horns with SD - but that's just SD being SD - the times that he did help evened out the incidents of abuse and misinformation (for me anyhow). One can't post 30 thousand times without offering up a lot of good stuff.

More sad is to see that the SD legacy still being laid down elsewhere.
chall03, davidpm and chef2sail like this.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Arthur C. Clarke
Old 06-30-2014

davidpm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If I was rude I apologize that was not my intent.
do you have the link to sd's facebook page?