SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Information on Commodore sailboat (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/1331-information-commodore-sailboat.html)

debsailor 05-14-2001 08:12 PM

Information on Commodore sailboat

Hi, I have a 1982 Commodore 26'' in need of repair. During winter storage the inside flooded -- what a mess. I need to replace interior cushions and do some general maintenance. I am really in need of any information on the boat that I can get. The previous owners are of no help here.... I have looked on the web for information on the manufacturer and can''t seem to find anything. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
debsailor

rbh1515 05-15-2001 05:02 AM

Look on BoatSearch here on SailNet. There is a Commodore 26 (1986) for sale by owner with a posted evening phone #. Maybe that person can give you info on the boat.
Rob
~~~~_/)~~~~

rbh1515 05-15-2001 05:04 AM

Sorry, I mistyped--its a 1983 Commodore 26.
Rob

hgstrickland 10-10-2001 03:55 PM

Hi. I have a 1982 Commodore 26 myself, and wondered if you ever got any useful info. As with you, the prior owners of my boat were not forthcoming with information. I did find out that the manufacturer(Commodore Yachts)had folded some years ago. They apparently didn''t make/sell too many boats. I did try to contact some of the names in Cruising World''s "Another Opinion" list ($5.00) but didn''t get any response. If you get any feedback from other owners, maybe it would be worthwhile to form an owners'' association...

Henry

progresst 02-09-2010 06:18 PM

Commodore

Hi Henry,

I myself just purchased a Commodore 26 and am having trouble locating any history or information on the boat. Did you find anything of interest since this post?

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgstrickland (Post 7876)
Hi. I have a 1982 Commodore 26 myself, and wondered if you ever got any useful info. As with you, the prior owners of my boat were not forthcoming with information. I did find out that the manufacturer(Commodore Yachts)had folded some years ago. They apparently didn''t make/sell too many boats. I did try to contact some of the names in Cruising World''s "Another Opinion" list ($5.00) but didn''t get any response. If you get any feedback from other owners, maybe it would be worthwhile to form an owners'' association...

Henry

AJMRFIXIT 03-22-2010 10:26 AM

ID#s are for Commodore Yacht

I Have a 25 ft Sail Boat and Was Sold to Me as
a ODay 25 1980. it has a 2ft draft and a wheel.
but the ID is for a Commodore Yacht]
Did Commodore Make Sail Boats For ODay?
ajmrfixit, I Love this Boat It's on Lake Seminole,Fl.
I Bought it down at Naples,Fl and sail it up to St.Pete,

Sailorman321 11-09-2010 07:24 PM

Commodore 26

I have owned a Commodore 26 (also known as the Commodore T-26...the T stands for trailerable) for about 5 years. I have been doing a comprehensive refit and know pretty much about every inch of this little cruiser. I am into the final major project of dealing with the concrete and steel ballast that Commodore used. The boat was originally designed for Columbia Sailboats by Alan Payne (Australian 12 Meter designer). He designed the Columbia T-23 and this T-26 along with several additional models for Columbia. Commodore bought the molds form Columbia after they folded and modernized the rig and greatly upgraded the interior. If you do a search for Columbia T-26 you will see the similarities. Anyway, I love the design for spending long periods of time in the Bahamas yet trail to to distant waters now that I am getting closer to retirement. Let me know what questions you may have.

progresst 03-23-2011 02:10 PM

Sail Dimensions for Commodore 26

@Sailorman321

My commodore is a Fractional Rig, is that the upgrade to the sails you mention? My mainsail is also a cut down sail from a 33' (I am guessing because it has 33 on the side of the sail) and does not fully shape properly as it should apparently. Do you happen to have the sail dimensions for the main and foresail? I am eventually going to want to replace both and it would be nice to have it handy for the sailmaker.

Thanks,

Tony

Sailorman321 06-16-2011 10:50 PM

Commodore 26

Sorry Progresst, haven't been on in a while. Yes, Commodore changed the rig to a fractional from the masthead that Columbia had. I'm not sure of your sail number but probably the production number of your boat. I think that was pretty close to the end of the manufacturing run. Your sails are most likely original and therefore have lost their shape. I have a lot of info, the original brochure, some of the design drawings etc for the boat. Will see about getting them to you.

mocepts 07-19-2011 11:04 AM

Hello all. I am new to the sailing community, but have been lurking for a while. I recently acquired an '81 Commodore T-26, and will be spending the next year or so fixing her up before I get her on the water. Looks like some good info around here, and I'll probably be picking some of your brains.

Thanks, Mike.