Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2001

debsailor is on a distinguished road
Information on Commodore sailboat

Hi, I have a 1982 Commodore 26'' in need of repair. During winter storage the inside flooded -- what a mess. I need to replace interior cushions and do some general maintenance. I am really in need of any information on the boat that I can get. The previous owners are of no help here.... I have looked on the web for information on the manufacturer and can''t seem to find anything. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
debsailor
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2001

rbh1515 is on a distinguished road

Look on BoatSearch here on SailNet. There is a Commodore 26 (1986) for sale by owner with a posted evening phone #. Maybe that person can give you info on the boat.
Rob
~~~~_/)~~~~
Old 05-15-2001

rbh1515 is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I mistyped--its a 1983 Commodore 26.
Rob
Old 10-10-2001
Sunset Mariner

hgstrickland is on a distinguished road

Hi. I have a 1982 Commodore 26 myself, and wondered if you ever got any useful info. As with you, the prior owners of my boat were not forthcoming with information. I did find out that the manufacturer(Commodore Yachts)had folded some years ago. They apparently didn''t make/sell too many boats. I did try to contact some of the names in Cruising World''s "Another Opinion" list ($5.00) but didn''t get any response. If you get any feedback from other owners, maybe it would be worthwhile to form an owners'' association...

Henry
Old 02-09-2010

progresst is on a distinguished road
Commodore

Hi Henry,

I myself just purchased a Commodore 26 and am having trouble locating any history or information on the boat. Did you find anything of interest since this post?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgstrickland View Post
Hi. I have a 1982 Commodore 26 myself, and wondered if you ever got any useful info. As with you, the prior owners of my boat were not forthcoming with information. I did find out that the manufacturer(Commodore Yachts)had folded some years ago. They apparently didn''t make/sell too many boats. I did try to contact some of the names in Cruising World''s "Another Opinion" list ($5.00) but didn''t get any response. If you get any feedback from other owners, maybe it would be worthwhile to form an owners'' association...

Henry
Old 03-22-2010

AJMRFIXIT is on a distinguished road
ID#s are for Commodore Yacht

I Have a 25 ft Sail Boat and Was Sold to Me as
a ODay 25 1980. it has a 2ft draft and a wheel.
but the ID is for a Commodore Yacht]
Did Commodore Make Sail Boats For ODay?
ajmrfixit, I Love this Boat It's on Lake Seminole,Fl.
I Bought it down at Naples,Fl and sail it up to St.Pete,
Old 11-09-2010
Commodore T-26

Sailorman321 is on a distinguished road
Commodore 26

I have owned a Commodore 26 (also known as the Commodore T-26...the T stands for trailerable) for about 5 years. I have been doing a comprehensive refit and know pretty much about every inch of this little cruiser. I am into the final major project of dealing with the concrete and steel ballast that Commodore used. The boat was originally designed for Columbia Sailboats by Alan Payne (Australian 12 Meter designer). He designed the Columbia T-23 and this T-26 along with several additional models for Columbia. Commodore bought the molds form Columbia after they folded and modernized the rig and greatly upgraded the interior. If you do a search for Columbia T-26 you will see the similarities. Anyway, I love the design for spending long periods of time in the Bahamas yet trail to to distant waters now that I am getting closer to retirement. Let me know what questions you may have.
Old 03-23-2011

progresst is on a distinguished road
Sail Dimensions for Commodore 26

@Sailorman321

My commodore is a Fractional Rig, is that the upgrade to the sails you mention? My mainsail is also a cut down sail from a 33' (I am guessing because it has 33 on the side of the sail) and does not fully shape properly as it should apparently. Do you happen to have the sail dimensions for the main and foresail? I am eventually going to want to replace both and it would be nice to have it handy for the sailmaker.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 06-16-2011
Commodore T-26

Sailorman321 is on a distinguished road
Commodore 26

Sorry Progresst, haven't been on in a while. Yes, Commodore changed the rig to a fractional from the masthead that Columbia had. I'm not sure of your sail number but probably the production number of your boat. I think that was pretty close to the end of the manufacturing run. Your sails are most likely original and therefore have lost their shape. I have a lot of info, the original brochure, some of the design drawings etc for the boat. Will see about getting them to you.
Old 07-19-2011

mocepts is on a distinguished road
Hello all. I am new to the sailing community, but have been lurking for a while. I recently acquired an '81 Commodore T-26, and will be spending the next year or so fixing her up before I get her on the water. Looks like some good info around here, and I'll probably be picking some of your brains.

Thanks, Mike.