Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2014

wauchope is on a distinguished road
Re: What do you pay for Slip Fees??

$678.00 with tax per year in Northwestern Ontario for a 24 foot slip, finger docks on both sides, wifi and electricity included.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2014

alctel is on a distinguished road

around ~$450 for a 36' sailboat, plus 100 bucks liveaboard fee so $550 p/m

This is in Victoria, fishermans wharf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-22-2014
USCG Captain

pcwallace is on a distinguished road

Where do you find $9 a foot in LA harbor?

In Seattle I paid $11 a foot for a 60-foot slip.

In La Paz, Mexico I pay $15 a foot. Then I pay through the nose for electricity. It comes to about $1100 a month.
Old 04-22-2014

Seaduction is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by benesailor View Post
I'm always curious to hear what people pay for slip fee's. I plan on moving south someday; kinda like to have a base for comparison.

I've heard some horror stories, like florida. I remember talking to a fella on the plane to FL complaining that he couldn't find a slip and was stuck paying $2k a month+ until he could find somewhere else. Plus side he got to walk past Tiger's boat on the weekend.
When my boat was in FL it was on a mooring in Palm Beach; cost nada. It was a beautiful location.

I pay $1865/40' slip for 6 months all inclusive (for now). Water, electric, wifi
That's a little bit high for the area. I've seen as low as $800 for a 35' slip/Inland lake.

I think i pay substantially less the most coastal areas.
Tiger's new yacht is a 155' Christensen yacht, so I suppose it may run more that $250 a month for a slip. I'll bet the poor fellow that couldn't find anything for less than $2,000 a month was in the Tiger Wood's yacht class. That's the way all of Florida is nowadays though. Everyone's a billionaire.
Old 04-22-2014
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road

I musta missed the billionaire train, I'm in Florida now and ain't even a millionaire!
sad fact is about the only time I can comfortably rent a slip in Florida is if I'm working 40-50 hours six days a week. and that,in my opinion sucks. cuz with only one or two days off a week it seems foolish to have a cruising boat. as apposed to a trailerable boat I wouldn't need to pay a slip fee on.
So,I'd rather work a part time job or better yet do side jobs, work less,and stay on the hook and have a whole lot more time to sail.
Who knows if yer gonna be around for "later" or if you are if you're gonna feel like sailing when you're old and all wore out from working six days a week.
I'm going with sail now and enjoy.
my gramma passed at the age of 92. both her and grampa told me before they passed that the golden years weren't so golden and the only regret the had was that they didn't enjoy themselves more when they were younger.
they passed with a pile of cash and lived like they were paupers.
all it accomplished was the family fighting over the inheritance.
made me sick.
I ain't going out like that.
rbrasi likes this.
Old 04-23-2014

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough

Southeast Florida is expensive for those than only look for slips along the ICW and especially the big tourist places with the tiki bars.

If you shop up the New River in Lauderdale or at private dock listings you can find $1/ft daily transient rates or about $11/ft monthly rates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take Care and Joy, Aythya Crew
Old 04-23-2014

RonRelyea is on a distinguished road

$386 for the entire season, roughly May through mid-October for a 32' slip. Includes water, electric (can't run Air Conditioners, though), wifi, showers. You do have to be a member of the Yacht Club, though, which cost me another $108 this year (I don't pay regular dues since I am a club officer).

It isn't located in paradise - Hudson River 60 miles north of NYC - and the sailboat slips are on the outside, exposed to the r
iver traffic wake - but it works for me! Another bonus is that I live a couple hundred yards away.
Old 04-23-2014
Don't call me a "senior"!

Puddin'_Tain is on a distinguished road

~$315/mo for a 27' boat in King Harbor/Redondo Beach. But I've been there for a while, so I pay a little bit below the "going rate". Anything in LA/Long Beach tends to be cheaper, except for the brand new/up-scale marinas. Marina Del Rey tends to be a bit pricier.
Typed on my Underwood Finger-Flight Champion portable typewriter (in triplicate, using carbon paper), sent to my basement laboratory via pneumatic tubes, transcribed by Minions on a Commodore 64 (complete with 5 1/4" single-sided floppy), and uploaded to the Internets via 14.4 kbit/s modem. Ain't modern technology grand?
Old 04-23-2014

benesailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
$386 for the entire season, roughly May through mid-October for a 32' slip. Includes water, electric (can't run Air Conditioners, though), wifi, showers. You do have to be a member of the Yacht Club, though, which cost me another $108 this year (I don't pay regular dues since I am a club officer).

It isn't located in paradise - Hudson River 60 miles north of NYC - and the sailboat slips are on the outside, exposed to the r
iver traffic wake - but it works for me! Another bonus is that I live a couple hundred yards away.
Quote:
~$315/mo for a 27' boat in King Harbor/Redondo Beach. But I've been there for a while, so I pay a little bit below the "going rate". Anything in LA/Long Beach tends to be cheaper, except for the brand new/up-scale marinas. Marina Del Rey tends to be a bit pricier.
That's cheap given the price of real estate around there.

So my monthly equates to $310 a month. A new 2500sqft home a mile off the water is around $160k.
So i'm thinking that my marina owner is banking some change vs. some other neighborhoods nationwide.
I may be off though because NY property taxes are atrocious.
Old 04-23-2014
Don't call me a "senior"!

Puddin'_Tain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by benesailor View Post
That's cheap given the price of real estate around there.

So my monthly equates to $310 a month. A new 2500sqft home a mile off the water is around $160k.
So i'm thinking that my marina owner is banking some change vs. some other neighborhoods nationwide.
I may be off though because NY property taxes are atrocious.
Your marina owner has some expenses that a SoCal marina doesn't have; like ice damage and/or hauling the docks out of the water every year. Also, your marina is only getting slip fees half of the year, but (at least in theory) has a similar investment in equipment and such as a marina operating 12 months of the year.

On the other hand, the difference folks pay just within this area can be pretty amazing. For example, Marina Del Rey rents are all over the map, and seem to be going up. I know of at least two marinas within MDR that changed management/ownership within the last few years and the rents doubled or tripled with hardly any improvement in the facilities. The real pisser here is that most of the harbors were developed with public funds, and are still owned by local government agencies. But the marinas are leased and operated by private companies that act as if there should be absolutely no public input into how much they gouge boat owners.
Typed on my Underwood Finger-Flight Champion portable typewriter (in triplicate, using carbon paper), sent to my basement laboratory via pneumatic tubes, transcribed by Minions on a Commodore 64 (complete with 5 1/4" single-sided floppy), and uploaded to the Internets via 14.4 kbit/s modem. Ain't modern technology grand?