SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

picking a new motor for the job!

4K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  blutoyz 
#1 ·
ok i have a pearson 26 that i am going to run up the icw in south texas! the boat is in great cond sails rigging ect ! but it has a brand new coleman outboard on it! is that a safe motor to trust on this trip? it seems that everything i find is 50/50 on what folks are saying about it! i am going to need it on the icw going under the bridges ect they wont let you sail ! i am willing to buy a new motor but if i can save money i will. the trip will be about 200mile's all i need is another i told you so from the wife! thanks for any info that you have!

#31 ·
AJA

now that is something

good luck!

btw I like tohatsu....the late 90s early 2000s 2 strokes were killer in my book...they were really popular and reliable back then...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.