Florida is at it again - Page 12 - SailNet Community
 65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 130 Old 06-25-2014

Re: Florida is at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
how long one can occupy a certain portion of a sidewalk?
To late, they call that vagrancy.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 130 Old 06-26-2014

Regardless of any laws, for or against, it's always been problematic to try and live in, or visit, a place where the people in that place, don't want you, or people like you, around.

Examples abound.

On the northern Gulf of Mexico.

"Best thing to do is get her out on the ocean. If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there." Captain Ron Rico
post #113 of 130 Old 09-11-2014

Latest discussion topics as presented by the FWC at the recent 'meeting' at Vero Beach: http://myfwc.com/media/2847550/ancho...ic-meeting.pdf

Personally, when traveling to the Bahamas and 'south', Im pretty much now committed to leave FL from Ft Pierce .... and simply bypass all of SE Florida and the Keys. Its been too much hassle by 'homeowners', local water cops, the over-aggressive potty-gestapo of Volusia Country, the FWC (especially in Marathon/Boot Key etc.) that I really dont need. I say: to hell with visiting and spending any time (and money) in Florida, ... only 'touching' the state as absolutely as minimally as possible.
Id also include the signing any petition for the FORMAL reduction of any US Govt. funding/spending for any maintenance/dredging of tidal / navigable US waters in Florida. Why should our federal tax money be used to 'improve' the navigable waters for specific local (only) enhancement, and where long distance travelers of such navigable waterways are obviously impeded, restrained and prevented free access/use?

I just wonder when all the rest of the 49 states and their local municipal entities 'reciprocate' and begin to aggressively 'single out', specifically target, and to treat visitors/transients from Florida to their states as 'the extremely unwanted' ... as they seemingly are now to be proposing in Florida?
BubbleheadMd likes this.

Last edited by RichH; 09-11-2014 at 12:36 PM.
post #114 of 130 Old 09-11-2014 Thread Starter
Mermaid Hunter

Quote:
Personally, when traveling to the Bahamas and 'south', Im pretty much now committed to leave FL from Ft Pierce
Why not Norfolk VA or Beaufort NC?

sail fast and eat well, dave
S/V Auspicious
AuspiciousWorks.com
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #115 of 130 Old 09-11-2014

Simply because I really appreciate and thoroughly enjoy the neighborliness/friendliness of the 'low country' & ICW of the Carolinas, Georgia and North Florida ... and the 'Old Time' and Bluegrass parking lot 'music jams' there. When our 'instruments' are out, the only thing in the low country that causes us to move along is cold weather. One misses that 'culture' entirely when offshore and in an infernal hurry. ;-)
post #116 of 130 Old 09-11-2014

Quote:
Latest discussion topics as presented by the FWC at the recent 'meeting' at Vero Beach: http://myfwc.com/media/2847550/ancho...ic-meeting.pdf
To be honest, the only thing I take issue with is the 300ft part of the proposal. Too far. 100ft might be more reasonable.

My neighbours house is 20ft from mine. Does this mean I can have it moved?

Bristol 31.1, San Francisco Bay
post #117 of 130 Old 09-11-2014

[quote=joethecobbler;1837178]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Here's the problem with your logic. Nothing is free. [QOUTE

Sailnet is free
It most definitely is not free. It is funded by advertising, which is paid for by all the goods you buy being considerably more expensive than they would be without advertising.

Bristol 31.1, San Francisco Bay
post #118 of 130 Old 09-11-2014 Thread Starter
Mermaid Hunter

Quote:
Simply because I really appreciate and thoroughly enjoy the neighborliness/friendliness of the 'low country' & ICW of the Carolinas, Georgia and North Florida ... and the 'Old Time' and Bluegrass parking lot 'music jams' there. When our 'instruments' are out, the only thing in the low country that causes us to move along is cold weather. One misses that 'culture' entirely when offshore and in an infernal hurry. ;-)
Best answer I have ever heard for using the ICW. Kudos.

sail fast and eat well, dave
S/V Auspicious
AuspiciousWorks.com
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #119 of 130 Old 09-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSF View Post
To be honest, the only thing I take issue with is the 300ft part of the proposal. Too far. 100ft might be more reasonable.

My neighbours house is 20ft from mine. Does this mean I can have it moved?
If you have enough money to give the appropriate campaign contributions, yes.

On the northern Gulf of Mexico.

"Best thing to do is get her out on the ocean. If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there." Captain Ron Rico
post #120 of 130 Old 09-12-2014

I don't boat in FL and it certainly sounds tough down there. I'm guessing, due to the year round climate, that permanent crappy stuff is more common than up here. However, landlubbers can be territorial and far outnumber boaters in our democratic system. Feels like a huge uphill battle.

That said, I find we have to be reasonable to co-exist. Personally, I would be very uncomfortable being less than 300 ft off a waterfront homes lawn, just for running aground, if not privacy. As we all know, that feels much much closer than that. 150 ft off a mooring field doesn't sound too tough to me, but I'm sure I've been closer in a pinch.

Of course, I do not have a personal appreciation of what is left to anchor in, after restrictions like these. Hope it all settles down.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.