Owner 4knot sb.
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East Stroudsburg, PA
Thanked 95 Times in 91 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Re: The great things about owning a sailboat that no one tells you about
* The remarkable sound the hull makes through the water at 6 knots, has an almost therapeutic effect.
* The unmistakeable feel of the boat when your just perfectly set trim, and the boat "clicks" into a groove, its a satisfaction you cannot get easily from other hobbies.
* People are no longer questioning your sanity, they are now sure you have none.
* The response of "I'm busy sailing" for some reason seems like a perfectly acceptable response for some people. And "I'm sorry I have a race, I can't let my crew down."
* The required attention to detail in both sailing, and repairing the boat, somehow in a very welcomed fashion, pulls away all focus from other stresses/worries in life.
Best quote ever. "...sailing isn't a sport. Sport should be so lucky."
"Rum Line" a 1982, S2 7.9 - Production boat limit tester, blue-water bucket owner, with wine taste on a beer budget.