Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2014

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: I may try for a solo trip in Sept.

Not trying to be too suggestive.

Get a Lady J adapter for a portable urinal. You can find them on Amazon. Wear a pair of stretch shorts and you're all set. I've had to fashion a urination solution at the helm, the cockpit of an aircraft and underwater in a dry suit. I've become a bit of an expert, unintentionally.
deniseO30 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2014

ccriders is on a distinguished road

Gotta go? Heave to and go.
John
deniseO30 likes this.
Old 07-04-2014
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough

I'll be singlehanding from Bohemia Rive back up to Essington tomorrow. Hopefully the NW wind will allow me to sail most of the way, maybe I'll even keep the jib up in the canal to boost the motor.

If you have to do stuff in the cockpit, do take note that the canal probably has surveillance cameras, so do your business before entering.

I love that bakery in Chesapeake City (Bohemia Cafe), and might be tempted to stop if I'm making good time.

I had hoped to make it to St. Mike's this past week, but the small craft advisories prevented me from going south of Rock Hall, lest I risk not getting back to take my wife to the airport on Sunday. If you head down there, the Miles River Yacht Club looks like a nice place to visit if you want to do club hopping. I had told them I was coming, but had to cancel due to weather. Try to visit when the canoe races are going - I hear that they are something to see.
deniseO30 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Old 07-04-2014
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccriders View Post
Gotta go? Heave to and go.
John
I should learn to heave to. but on the river it wouldn't help much

My boat is for sale.

Old 07-04-2014
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
I'll be singlehanding from Bohemia Rive back up to Essington tomorrow. Hopefully the NW wind will allow me to sail most of the way, maybe I'll even keep the jib up in the canal to boost the motor.

If you have to do stuff in the cockpit, do take note that the canal probably has surveillance cameras, so do your business before entering.

I love that bakery in Chesapeake City (Bohemia Cafe), and might be tempted to stop if I'm making good time.

I had hoped to make it to St. Mike's this past week, but the small craft advisories prevented me from going south of Rock Hall, lest I risk not getting back to take my wife to the airport on Sunday. If you head down there, the Miles River Yacht Club looks like a nice place to visit if you want to do club hopping. I had told them I was coming, but had to cancel due to weather. Try to visit when the canoe races are going - I hear that they are something to see.
Tides are very important Rick. Ride it down to the river.. then up to Essington. Have a great trip!

My boat is for sale.

Old 07-06-2014

gamayun is on a distinguished road

Denise, if you do go, it is very important to have an AP that works well because it is going to function as your crew when you're single-handing. You don't say if you'll be mostly sailing or motoring, but as someone else posted, throttle back, slow down, and make sure you can hold your course with the AP, even if it's for a quick dash away. You'll want to be able to pop down in the cabin from time to time, if for nothing else than to find another hat after one blows off your head, grab more water, find something to eat, get a jacket, switch shoes, reset the instruments, find another winch handle because one went overboard, WHO KNOWS.....! If you are stuck to the tiller/wheel for 11 hours with no way to handle things, this could be extremely tiring. So, don't get over-powered, and if it makes you feel better, use Depends for those AHHHH moments ;-)
deniseO30 likes this.
Old 07-06-2014
1934 Chickering

I do have one thanks for caring! I just had 2 accidents this weekend.. has me rethinking many things now.

I was in my kitchen Friday night, forgot I left the dishwasher door open.. turned from the sink.. fell like a tree in a forest! In the split second I thought; "This is it! .. going to break my hip!" Somehow by the grace of a higher power I just bruised my ego, arm, leg and hip. I don't live alone, but my house mates were away for the day.

Then, Saturday.. I'm at my YC.. using the weed eater to cut the growth from around and under the cradle, bumped my leg... looked down about a half min later.. BLOOD! running down my sock filling my sneaker. "squish, squish" I never felt the steel cut my leg! I bend over and press it and a stream of blood starts shooting like a just squeezed a tube of crazy string! I hobble over to my van.. only found one tissue. went up to club house and called out "get the first aid kit" a half hour later with my leg up lots of ice and a roll of paper towels to clean up the mess, and friends helping. I was finally able to tape the little cut and it's been ok ever since. I guess it was a capillary vein. It still doesn't hurt and it was only about a 3/4" cut. on my shin just above the sock.

Anyway.. these events have me wondering.. I've never, ever been accident prone.

so much for being young and agile LOL

My boat is for sale.

Old 07-07-2014

gamayun is on a distinguished road

Circumstantial, but it's easy for this to play on your mind especially when you're by yourself. I enjoy pushing my limits, but it is critical to know thyself because too far can be too much. Grab a newbie sailor and go. It's practically like single-handing
Old 07-07-2014
1934 Chickering

I used to go back packing in the woods alone. I love not having to cater to someone else's "needs" when doing things like a trip. It's pretty had to be alone with a boat on a busy river and Chesapeake bay. with cell phones radio, boat us... I should be ok if I do the trip.

My boat is for sale.

Old 07-07-2014

FirstCandC is on a distinguished road

Maybe you can schedule a trip with a buddy boat from the yacht club? And post some pictures here please!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.