Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SVAuspicious

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2014
don't like leanin'

Multihullgirl is on a distinguished road
Looking for a boat bbq?

I get a Port Supply discount, and it didn't beat the deal on this bbq, and this one has more features:

Amazon.com: Camco 58145 Stainless Steel Portable Propane Gas Grill with Storage Bag: Automotive Amazon.com: Camco 58145 Stainless Steel Portable Propane Gas Grill with Storage Bag: Automotive

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2014
Frozen Member

AlaskaMC is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a boat bbq?

That is IDENTICAL to my Kumaar grill (which we love by the way). Same legs, regulator, body. Does it have the additional piece on the bottom to screw in the mount? Should have 2 threaded holes in the middle running front to back. IF it does then get the mount online. A well know big box store carries them for 20 bucks. They also had the grill for the same price as the one you bought.
Old 07-31-2014
don't like leanin'

Multihullgirl is on a distinguished road

I wish I'd bought it... I saw and bought a Magma before I saw this one. Trying to keep others from making the same mistake
Old 07-31-2014
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

<<125 square inch grilling surface>>

Kind of a personal-sized bbq grill, isn't that? Dinner for maybe two, but definitely not four?
Old 07-31-2014
Frozen Member

AlaskaMC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
<<125 square inch grilling surface>>

Kind of a personal-sized bbq grill, isn't that? Dinner for maybe two, but definitely not four?
They have two, one with 125 and ours has 160 I think.
Old 07-31-2014

deltaten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten

My similar grill from Lowe's has roughly 280 sq. in. of space. Bought last year at $75, now disco'd and replaced by a smaller unit with a couple addn'l features for $85.
Is it chinzier than Magma?
Yes.
Does it work as well?
Probably

I can buy three for the price of a Magma. As it's all s..s, I expect to get more than a few years service from each A bit too large formy miniscule rail space, I stow it in the port locker or in the dock box and set it up onnthe eng comp "door" either on the rear seating or a milk crate just outside the companionway.
Works for me!
Old 07-31-2014
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough

I found dual-wall Magma kettle on ebay for less than half the best available Amazon.com price, and it included the mounting arm. The guy who sold it had bought it for his boat, but the boat was destroyed by Sandy before he could install it, so it went up for sale.

Note that there are many different models of Magma grill, with significant differences in the quality of design. The dual-wall kettle starts and continues burning in almost any wind conditions (verified by my own use), which is important for a sailboat.

You can find cheaper grills that look just as pretty in stainless steel, but sometimes the extra money buys you greater functionality (like working in heavy wind). And if you shop around carefully, you can get it for less than you might imagine.

This is the one I have:
Amazon.com : Magma Marine Kettle 2 Combination Stove and Gas Grill, Original Size : Camping Stove Grills : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : Magma Marine Kettle 2 Combination Stove and Gas Grill, Original Size : Camping Stove Grills : Sports & Outdoors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 08-01-2014 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-01-2014

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

I've had several grills over the years, from plain round kettles to propane, and just retired my Force10 cylindrical for a SEA B QUE. I have to say, its the winner hands down so far. Good quality, well engineered, easy on/off the rail. I highly believe you get what you pay for in this game.

Amazon.com : Dickinson LARGE SS PROPANE SEA-B-QUE BBQ DIK 00-SBQ-L : Freestanding Grills : Patio, Lawn & Garden Amazon.com : Dickinson LARGE SS PROPANE SEA-B-QUE BBQ DIK 00-SBQ-L : Freestanding Grills : Patio, Lawn & Garden

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 08-01-2014
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I've had several grills over the years, from plain round kettles to propane, and just retired my Force10 cylindrical for a SEA B QUE.
My large Dickinson Sea-B-Que is thirteen years old. It's been great on three boats. It lives on the pushpit rail so it gets everything the weather has to give. It has never blown out in high wind. I replaced the grates about four years ago, and the regulator about three years ago. Dickinson has great support and parts are easy to get.

We cook on the rail and sometimes on the beach or a picnic table. I have an adapter to run off our big propane tanks so I don't have to buy the expensive 1# bottles.

I think it's been great value for money.
copacabana likes this.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.