Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2014

Frag is on a distinguished road
Re: Creepy sailing stories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Len View Post
Up near God's Pocket we saw a deer on a rock bluff. Dad came about and dropped it with the 22. I rowed ashore to find a nice two point buck which I managed to drag down the beach and into the skiff. On the way back the dear wakes up and doesn't like the company. My running shoes were no match for flashing hooves and horns. Mortal combat all the way to along side where Dad reached down and dispatched him. A lot of blood which fortunately only a little was mine. No mystery here .It's the next island (Nigi) that has the t'son qua but that's another story.

I would have crap my pants, nothing more dangerous and unpredictable than a dying animal...

You were lucky not to get hurt on this...

Last edited by Frag; 08-13-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2014

Seaman_3rdClass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
It is a fact that they can't. I am hooked on the walking dead tv series, and I always said if this were to happen I would live on a boat, and only come ashore for supplies.
Exactly! A few days ago I was telling my son (both are TWD fans) that the perfect place to live in a zombie apocalypse would be a large-ish sailboat. Quiet, powered by wind, and most importantly, protected from zombies! You can get most supplies and the little fuel that you might need from moored boats, which likewise should be free of zombies. In fact, sailors at sea would inherit the Earth in a zombie apocalypse, as they'd be mostly protected from the infection, zombie attacks, and general mayhem.

If Rick and his band ever figured that out, the series would come to a screeching halt. Another question that arose while watching it was, why don't they find an island and clear it out? Of course, the comics and show's creators are smart enough not to "find" a safe long-term place for our besieged band of walker-smashers, as walkers must be put down in every episode.

Oh well, thanks for entertaining my survivalist delusions!
Old 08-13-2014

Capt Len is on a distinguished road

Convention of power boaters from the Vancouver Yacht Club were in Victoria last summer. Could have sworn that some were zombies. Age and wealth surely can't do that without a virus. They're everywhere, no safe haven.
Old 08-13-2014

Seaman_3rdClass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Convention of power boaters from the Vancouver Yacht Club were in Victoria last summer. Could have sworn that some were zombies. Age and wealth surely can't do that without a virus. They're everywhere, no safe haven.
Another reason to stay the hell away from power boaters. They'll run out of gas soon enough and zombies can't siphon gas.
Old 08-15-2014

flyingwelshman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaman_3rdClass View Post
Exactly! A few days ago I was telling my son (both are TWD fans) that the perfect place to live in a zombie apocalypse would be a large-ish sailboat.
You may want to check out this thread: Would a sailboat be a good place to be in case of a zombie attack?

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Yves Cousteau
Old 08-16-2014
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Up near God's Pocket we saw a deer on a rock bluff. Dad came about and dropped it with the 22. I rowed ashore to find a nice two point buck which I managed to drag down the beach and into the skiff. On the way back the dear wakes up and doesn't like the company. My running shoes were no match for flashing hooves and horns. Mortal combat all the way to along side where Dad reached down and dispatched him. A lot of blood which fortunately only a little was mine. No mystery here .It's the next island (Nigi) that has the t'son qua but that's another story.
Sounds like the life of Pi right there!

Medsailor
MastUndSchotbruch likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-16-2014

PaulKroll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaman_3rdClass View Post
Exactly! A few days ago I was telling my son (both are TWD fans) that the perfect place to live in a zombie apocalypse would be a large-ish sailboat. Quiet, powered by wind, and most importantly, protected from zombies! You can get most supplies and the little fuel that you might need from moored boats, which likewise should be free of zombies. In fact, sailors at sea would inherit the Earth in a zombie apocalypse, as they'd be mostly protected from the infection, zombie attacks, and general mayhem.

If Rick and his band ever figured that out, the series would come to a screeching halt. Another question that arose while watching it was, why don't they find an island and clear it out? Of course, the comics and show's creators are smart enough not to "find" a safe long-term place for our besieged band of walker-smashers, as walkers must be put down in every episode.

Oh well, thanks for entertaining my survivalist delusions!

I've been wondering about the real world apocalypse of utopian leftists and right wing fascists that are everywhere wanting to tell us all how to live our lives. On the sea maybe there is a place free of this kind of crap. I have noticed that most forums I visit don't even mention the sea.
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulKroll For This Useful Post:
oysterman23 (08-16-2014)
Old 08-17-2014

Minnesail is on a distinguished road

Oh my god it happened again.

It was raining today, but we sailed anyway. Near the end of the sail we noticed that our Chardonnay was empty. Agahst! We clearly have a Chardonnay wight on board. There must be a ritual to excise this demon.
Old 08-17-2014
Master Mariner

capta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesail View Post
Oh my god it happened again.

It was raining today, but we sailed anyway. Near the end of the sail we noticed that our Chardonnay was empty. Agahst! We clearly have a Chardonnay wight on board. There must be a ritual to excise this demon.
It'll cost you a bottle of Ch‚teau Margaux, if you want to get rid of it. We wight righters don't come cheap.
Minnesail likes this.

Tags
creepy stories , sailing