Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3 Weeks Ago

concorde01 is on a distinguished road
need buccaneer 210 help

first. please dont bother with the whole buccaneers are garbage,. i dont care. i like it

ok now for the fun stuff. i got a buccaneer 240 yesterday. with trailer. solid but striped inside. it was free. i want to redo the interior but need pics and layout ideas as i cant find any.

things i know i want. rv styly stove/oven. sink. toilet. witch it still has sink and toilet in it. also just any info on restoring one in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 3 Weeks Ago

tschmidty is on a distinguished road
re: need buccaneer 210 help

Well, obviously they are hideous boats, but they also do have a ton of room inside. THe google will give you a lot of ideas and pics.

https://www.google.com/search?q=buca...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

A good source of parts and such are rvs if you really want to hack some stuff out.

Here is a little blog about someone restoring one.

http://saveitforparts.wordpress.com/projects/pagoo/

Last edited by tschmidty; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:56 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

well the is nothing inside! nothing! lol. just a pile of parts. but hull and deck is solid. other then a couple dimples from years on a trailer not ment for it. i want the berth up front. walled in with a door. a rv style fold out couch along the starboard side would be nice. as i have one, lol. accross from that the stove and sink. between that and the birth i was thinking the toilet. as i said the boat is just bare fiberglass inside. so i want to recover it but i want it bright inside. here is a pic of what mine looks like. other then mine is a beautiful blue.
Attached Thumbnails
need buccaneer 210 help-11043186074_8e93348fbb_z.jpg  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
islander bahama 24

newhaul is on a distinguished road

Here's some specs on the boat BUCCANEER 240 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com
Also don't listen to the naysayers the boats are good and considering they have a good pedigree the hull iss derived from the Columbia 23 Columbia T-23 Specifications people just don't get the cabin structure on it that's all I like it gives standing head room throughout

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about

Well if it's truly bare glass everywhere, then you've got a clean slate to start with.. generate some drawings and start playing around with various layouts.

One thing.. when working with a plan view don't forget that nothing's vertical or square. Things that look like they may fit/work from that perspective will be quite different when you're actually working with the 3D shape of the boat, esp up forward where the hull flare is maximum and things narrow up quickly. A full set of lines would be ideal but may be very hard to come by.

I'd also mock things up with cardboard or, better yet, doorskin prior to building the final version.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 3 Weeks Ago

i intended to use hd plastic type cardboard like for signs for all the mock up. does anyone know were i can get a door for the front birth? then i can build a frame around it. also i was thinking i should build the walls in as a structural support? i could fiberglass brackets onto the inside to tie it all together for added strength as i do intend for it to be a coastal hopper. also what about wwater makers? is the a way to make one that is solar powered? i cant go spending 5k plus on a free boat. not for one part. lol
Old 3 Weeks Ago

and i need a good cheap bottom paint. flat black. and aslo red for the water line area as the bottom is ugly and faded. i want it all to look good
Old 3 Weeks Ago

i also intend to use a brand new fuse panel and wiring.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about

Chase down some Utube videos on fiberglass 'tabbing' for bulkheads.. I think it's time for some serious research before you start this project. If you're able to reconstruct the interior a door should not be a challenge to build yourself.. leaving aside for the moment whether or not you really 'need' a door of any kind. Privacy is an illusion on any boat smaller than 60 feet or so.

Watermakers are expensive, power hungry generally though there are manual models intended for survivors in liferafts - they won't produce much water and require much effort. I reckon you'd be the first non-offshore 24 footer that installed one. Thinking about a watermaker at this stage is a pretty big red flag....

Good luck with this, and understand that I mean this kindly, but I think you don't know yet what you don't know about this sort of thing...

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 3 Weeks Ago

i have done several boats before. from small jobs to full redoes inside. its my job. lol. a water maker isnt a must just a nice luxury.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.