Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2006

long-way-from-home is on a distinguished road
Question Llorente Eloy sail boat from Le Rove, France

Does anyone have any information about Llorente Eloy sailboats built in Le Rove, France??

I am looking at one to purchase second hand and would like to know if there is any information available about the designer and/or builder.

The one that I am looking at is type: Ophelie.

Any information that you could provide.....reputation, etc. would be welcome.

LWFH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2006

paulk is on a distinguished road
I'll ask for you on a French website and let you know what I find out. (Unless you want to work on your French?) A google search for bateaux Llorente Eloy finds a couple of things. It would appear that this is small builder near Marseille. I have never heard the name before, and I've spent years discussing cruising on French websites. The info I found on the Ophelie model made me think she was pretty wide for her length, with not much draft (may have been a shoal-draft version - it said Ophlie B - and didn't have displacement numbers. Let's see what we can find out...
Old 06-04-2006

On Ophelies

paulk,

merci pour votre aide!

My French rates about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10, but there is a French person (wife) on board to help out with the really difficult multi-syllabic words.

If you find some interesting links, go ahead and post them.

Again, thanks for the help.

LWFH
Old 06-05-2006

paulk is on a distinguished road
Got three replies with information that might be interesting.
1/A guy named Jonville went around the world with his family in one and wrote a book about it. The poster says it's built like an assault tank, and goes as fast as a 2cv (Your wife will know what that means. A golf cart would probably be faster on the road than a 2cv.)
2/ The book's called 'Trois Océans Pour Nous Trois', put out by Editions Arthaud/collection mer
3/According to the third poster, they're built out of low-carbon steel. He spoke to an owner in St.Martin who seemed happy with his. He says they are simple boats, easy to repair in out-of-the-way places, but not likely to need repairs. Comfortable, but they perform like a Joshua. [To me, that means like a pig.] In less than 12 knots of breeze, he says, everyone will pass you. At sea, when the wind picks up, the Ophélie will show her transom to most production boats according to the third poster.

So....
The link is http://www.hisse-et-oh.com/forum/ind...173194&tab=48h

It's not my kind of boat, but if you sail regularly in 30 knots of breeze, it might do.
Old 06-06-2006

Merci Paulk

Paulk,

merci pour tes informations, elles nous sont tres utiles! En fait, hier soir, en surfant sur le net (on est devenus un peu accros...), nous avions trouve le site de hisse-et-ho avec ton message. Ceci dit, le 3ieme poster n'etait pas encore arrive. C'est tres interessant pour nous de savoir que ce bateau est facile a reparer dans des endroits 'out-of-the-way'. Nous vivons au Brunei (mer de Chine du Sud) et nous avons 2 enfants en bas age. Il nous tarde beaucoup de lire le livre de Jonville comme tu peux l'imaginer!!!! Ca va certainement nous donner des infos de grande valeur! Nous ne cherchons pas un bateau pour la performance mais plutot un bateau confortable, qui tient bien la mer, qui est facile a reparer.... donc nous pensons que l'Ophelie va etre super pour nous.
En revanche, on voudrait bien que tu nous donnes les sites internet ou tu avais trouve les infos du depart (petit constructeur pres de Marseille...etc). Nous, quand on tape 'bateaux Llorente Eloy' ca donne rien!
Voila, merci beaucoup.... peut-etre que l'on se recontactera plus tard, apres avoir ete chercher le bateau!
Linda et Todd.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.