SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Article: Taking up Dinghy Sailing

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  infonote 
#1 ·
A sailing dinghy is defined as a small boat powered by sails, which is usually crewed by one or two people. It has no cabin to provide any kind of overnight or foul weather shelter, and unlike a sailing cruiser, it has no cabin.
It has no weighted keel like a keelboat to help the dinghy keep upright.

Rest of Article Here

#2 ·
I have no problem with the idea of having a blog with sailing information on it. In fact I think it could be a useful service, but at least try to get the info half way right.

For example, Dinghies can have keels. For example look at the Contender, the Tempest (former Olympic Class) or the Rabbits (not the Wiley Wabbit although that might count as well.) They may have cuddy cabins, Look at a Rhodes 19 or Daysailer for example. They may be crewed by big crews like the Sidney Harbor racing skiffs.

Anyway, I suggest that you spend a little more time researching your posts before putting them up so that you are passing along useful information rather than negative knowlege.

Respectfully,
Jeff

#4 ·
Jeff-

He's just trying to get traffic driven to his blog... UGH.

#5 ·
Really, trying to drive traffic to my blog.

Don't make me laugh. I joined the forum and pointed to an article to try and contribute something. So what, it might not be perfect.

Why don't you write an article then, and show us your great (superior) knowledge.

No article is perfect, not even of the BBC or NYT but at least i tried. I am waiting to read your article, to learn a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.