SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Marina, mooring or slip suggestions Sarasota

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  seaojoe 
#1 ·
draft not to exceed 5' loa 34'. familiar w/marina jacks, sarasota sailing
relocating.

thanks in advance
joe

#2 ·
I stayed at this marina once. It's a world away from the hustle and bustle of Marina Jack. You will need to check the depths of the canal on the approach. I was in a power boat at the time and only needed three feet.

SaraBay Marina

Wet Slips

Reactions: seaojoe
#4 ·
Not much in Sarasota other than Marina Jack and SaraBay. We're currently at Marina Jacks.

We were at Longboat Key Moorings marina for 2 months. The marina is very expensive, but you can lease from a private owner on Criagslist. When subleasing, you are not allowed to use the restaurant or resort facilities including the pool, but you can use the laundry and shower facilities. Our sublease was for about $450/mo.

You could also go north to Anna Maria Island and check out Bradenton Beach Marina. We stayed there a couple of months. The island was nice and fun, but the marina doesn't cater much to the wet slips. On the other side of the ICW is Seafood Shack. I haven't stayed there before.

You could also look into Bradenton up the Manatee river at Twin Dolphin or Regatta Point. These are only about 20 minutes from Sarasota.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.