Originally Posted by SVAuspicious
Interesting choice of broker and location.
Dave, I tried to hook him up with Bill Adam, but he did what he felt comfortable in California and use the broker he has known for years.
When his boat was on hard at Jabins, I told him just keep it for the winter. He has two surgeries planed. He expressed that he does not like winterizing the boat with the complexity that comes with the boat. We wanted to sail south for the winter. When he was ready to move, I had scheduled three back to back deliveries, one from Champlain canal to VA (Benny 40), Annapolis to Norfolk (Cat) and New England to South (Moody). I was not able to help you to take the boat to the South. I suggested him to get to Charleston where plenty of deep water.
In the past I always scanned and interviewed the crews, but not this time since I was very busy. He got 3 crews, two of them have their own sizable boats. Unfortunately all three were not much experiences. They suffered an accidental gybe (i don't have much details, why that could happen), as a result there was a substance damage on the hard dodger. As now it was totally repaired.
But I was teasing him that he should have waited for me, it would cause him much less $$$. Unfortunately his surgery was too close to delay.
Sailing this boat will take time. I am sure she will be back to Annapolis next year. Depending on the success of the surgery, he is not done with racing, but sometimes. Your health dictates all. Among all the races in the east coast for 2015, Marion to Bermuda race is possible. LIke the weatherman, it all depends on the weather. Who knows.
On the side note. there are lot of people here on Sailnet who hardly cast off to sail, but they know everything. When someone sails every opportunity they can, they trash you.
If sailing is really your true passion, you don't do that. But if you use sailing as mean to establish of seniority, then carry on. I will pass you.