Visit to Cape Town, SA - SailNet Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-25-2006 Thread Starter
Visit to Cape Town, SA

I am going on a trip to Cape Town, SA. Any advice about what to see and what to do while there? I will be there for two weeks. I have a safari planned for 3 days and will be inspecting a boat being built there - but other than that - don't have any plans.

all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 07-25-2006
Did the same thing when we got our Voyage500

but stayed 3 weeks, we rented a condo at the "Marina" in the waterfront for less than the nice hotels, their small rental/sales office is next to the Grace hotel. rent a car for great day trips to the winerys and buy wine to load on the boat. Visit the hugh tourist area in the waterfront, they have many booths for information, also a internet area and eat at the german pub downstairs across the walkway, great beer and I like their meatloaf and mashed potatos. Cape Town is awsome. Craig
post #3 of 3 Old 07-27-2006
Stay safe

Hey, I know that a lot of South Africans would knock me for sying this but it is quite a good place for street muggings and stuff so whilst it is an "awesome" place, try to stay safe. Here are a few things:

- Don't draw cash from an ATM while you're alone or in lonely places, rather go into a bank.
- Don't carry a lot of cash on you
- Don't walk to and from places at night, take a cab.

I'm not suggesting paranoid behaviour, just a good dose of awareness. The folks are generally real friendly but there are those that don't have a lot and want it.

Enjoy the trip.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.