Montague Bakery Boat - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-25-2015 Thread Starter

Montague Bakery Boat

Does anyone remember the bakery boat in Montague?

Ever since I got back into sailing. My kids and I particularly used to enjoy a visit to Montague Harbour,
My daughter and I would row over to the old converted ferry boat. anchored in the middle of the bay and order some fresh cinnamon buns for the morning.
I was in there a few times last summer but the baker boat was not there.

Does anyone know if they are still doing it. or have they retired.

The bus to the Humming Bird is still kind of fun.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-25-2015
Just another Moderator

Re: Montague Bakery Boat

The Hummingbird bus IS still kinda fun.

We've been sailing here since the early 80s and I don't recall ever seeing a bakery in Montague.. I wonder if they moved to Squirrel Cove, Cortez Is which is where we always rowed over in the morning for cinammon buns. They ran for a number of years in the 80s and 90s, and perhaps beyond, in a floating house. Not there anymore either.

Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
post #3 of 5 Old 05-26-2015

I'll be at Montague in a few weeks. This bakery boat thing sound awesome! Someone make that happen STAT!
post #4 of 5 Old 05-26-2015

... and speaking of the Hummingbird Pub, I just tried to go to their web site to make sure the bus will be running when I get there, and it appears to be non-existent! PLEASE tell me they're still open and the bus is still running and they just forgot to pay their web site bill!
post #5 of 5 Old 05-26-2015
Closet Powerboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uricanejack View Post
Does anyone remember the bakery boat in Montague?

Ever since I got back into sailing. My kids and I particularly used to enjoy a visit to Montague Harbour,
My daughter and I would row over to the old converted ferry boat. anchored in the middle of the bay and order some fresh cinnamon buns for the morning.
I was in there a few times last summer but the baker boat was not there.

Does anyone know if they are still doing it. or have they retired.

The bus to the Humming Bird is still kind of fun.
I don't know if they're still doing it. I had some lovely cinnamon rolls when I was there about 7 years ago and "think" I remember someone say that they weren't doing it any longer, but I can't be sure.

Faster, It was a retired couple on a wooden tugboat that was converted to a pleasure boat. You would row up to the boat and place an order and a time (they only had 1 small oven) and arrive the next day and eat cinnamon rolls on their back deck. It was awesome and they were really cheap as well. I think they really just liked doing it. They had a pretty cool old boat.

MedSailor

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to MedSailor For This Useful Post:
Faster (05-26-2015)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.