SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Buzzards Bay Marine Services

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  EagleSailtwo 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone here have a company they'd recommend, from personal experience, for stripping and painting the hull on a sailboat. I've been given two recommendations, but one of them doesn't do sailboats at all. :( I'd like to get a few more vendors to get quotes from. The original vendor I was going to go with, I've decided against, as they've gotten a pretty bad word-of-mouth rep from people I know at the marina.

I'd prefer a company on Buzzards Bay, but am willing to talk to companies in RI and on Cape Cod as well.

Thanks.

SD

#3 ·
Fiberglass, and it is a 28' trimaran.

#5 ·
18' with the amas extended, 9' with them retracted.

#6 ·
I can recommend Kingman Marine Center and they are located on Buzzards Bay - Red Brook Harbor, Cataumet, Ma. on Cape Cod. They can accommodate your needs as they do hull and deck refinishing as well as mechanical, electrical work as well. You would want to contact John Burman, vice president of Kingmans, he is also a fellow sailor, has a scale replica of Joshua Slocum's "Spray" Nice guy.......508-563-7136

They do great work there and I recommend them highly!

#8 ·
Parkers Boatyard (http://www.parkersboatyard.com/) does absolutely premium work, at an appropriately premium price. They did all major refits of all the mechanicals of my CS 36T, and everything was first rate without a blemish (except the final bill...). If price is more important than results, go somewhere else...
A friend just had his Gulfstar 50 cruiser painted at http://www.neboatworks.com/ in Portssmouth RI and relates complete satisfaction with the results, and apparently the quote was much better than others he had received.

Good luck.

PS - if your open to opinions, I'd say to paint the boat white - first it'll best hi the dings and scratches that accumulate over time, plus you won't lose it in the yard amounst all the navy blue jobs...

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I'll give them a call. :D

Sailingfool-

You're the second to recommend New England BoatWorks in Portsmouth, so, I'll probably call them first.

BTW, the boat is white, with black, silver and grey lettering. The sailcover is black, and the winch and tiller covers are pacific blue. Planning on getting a blue sailcover at some point to match the other sunbrella on board the boat, as the cockpit cushions are also Pacific blue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.