SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Cabo Rico fans (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/2159-cabo-rico-fans.html)

Annapolissailor 09-07-2001 01:06 PM

Cabo Rico fans

Cabo Rico fans -- owners and those with an interest in the boats -- will be gathering on the Chesapeake on the 22nd. Everyone is invited to attend. Here are the details:
WHEN: Saturday, September 22 and Sunday, September 23
WHERE: Galesville, Md.
WHAT: A low-key event at which to enjoy conversation and share tales of Cabo Ricos and of sailing.
WHO: Cabo Rico owners AND anyone else with an interest in Cabo Ricos and in having a good time.
For info, email me at halseya@washpost.com
Hope you can join us.

flyaway 10-23-2013 04:22 AM

Re: Cabo Rico fans

Sounds great, just purchased a 1998 CR 38 XL MkII hull#181 one of the last ones built. Home port is Dinner Key Marina. Wish there were more Cabo Rico boats in south FL.

T37Chef 10-23-2013 07:17 AM

Flyaway, you may want to check post date, this one is from 2001 :)

aa3jy 10-23-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyaway (Post 1109326)
Sounds great, just purchased a 1998 CR 38 XL MkII hull#181 one of the last ones built. Home port is Dinner Key Marina. Wish there were more Cabo Rico boats in south FL.

You'll find us now at: caborico@gogglegroups.com

FYI..we did have a Cabo gathering on the Chesapeake back in June at our marina.

Clay
S/V 'Tango'
Lankford Bay Marina

erps 10-23-2013 09:20 AM

There's a Cabo Rico 36 or 38 in the marina where we keep the work boat. I admired it for years wondering what the heck it was. Finally motored by one day when the owner was on it and asked what it was. He keeps it in bristol condition too. I always thought our Nikko was the prettiest boat in town, but I'm not too sure anymore. Nice boat!

krisscross 10-23-2013 09:21 AM

I'm a huge fan of CR yachts. I just can't afford any of them... :(

JimMcGee 10-23-2013 09:42 AM

Just curious, what's going on with Cabo Rico?

They were at Annapolis last year saying they'd been purchased by another builder and were now healthy, but they were missing from this year's show.

Hope they haven't sailed off into the sunset...

aa3jy 10-23-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMcGee (Post 1109395)
Just curious, what's going on with Cabo Rico?

They were at Annapolis last year saying they'd been purchased by another builder and were now healthy, but they were missing from this year's show.

Hope they haven't sailed off into the sunset...

Last word CR was in an agreement with Covey Island Boat Works (Blue Nose fame) to build boats..but that was a few years ago..

JimMcGee 10-23-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aa3jy (Post 1109426)
Last word CR was in an agreement with Covey Island Boat Works (Blue Nose fame) to build boats..but that was a few years ago..

Cabo Rico's web site hasn't been updated in a very long time and Covey Island's web site makes no mention of Cabo Rico. Not sure what to read into that...

aa3jy 10-23-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMcGee (Post 1109572)
Cabo Rico's web site hasn't been updated in a very long time and Covey Island's web site makes no mention of Cabo Rico. Not sure what to read into that...

Contact these brokers..

Bluenose Yacht Sales & Quality Brokerage (Newport, RI)

..and see what they have say. Website say they are brokering 2012 CR's.