Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006
Banned

Rickm505 is on a distinguished road
Of course it's easy to declare everyone a nutcase or a consipacy nut and let it go at that. Unfortunately although it makes you guys feel better, the underlying problems with the final report remains. These reports are long and technical, and require hours and hours of reading to get through them. I have taken the time, which of course makes me a nutcase.

I felt obligated to post the above exerpt from the FEMA report to illustrate how deep the dissention of the final report goes even within our government. But I now realize that it's little use trying to discuss this situation with people who get their only news from Howard Stern, and whose reading material is limited to Playboy.

One can only hope that you guys to at least some homework before you cast votes in the next election. Then again, that would require you actually reading something and I guess there little chance of that happening.

I'm going to pass on posting anything else to this thread as it's a complete waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2006

Nicco61 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Notsosalty]Goe-politically I don't think the problem is "rag heads' as some neanderthal has suggested, but the religious fundimentalism both xtian (bushco) and islamic (Al Qeada)
that currently have control over a number of governments world wide. [QUOTE]

Kumbayah....Kumbayah
Old 09-27-2006

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=Nicco61][QUOTE=Notsosalty]Goe-politically I don't think the problem is "rag heads' as some neanderthal has suggested, but the religious fundimentalism both xtian (bushco) and islamic (Al Qeada)
that currently have control over a number of governments world wide. [QUOTE]

How many of these "xtians" have strapped bombs on their children and sent them off to kill (and be killed)?
To try to make a comparison between the "xtians" and the Islamist extremists is totally asinine. That's the sort of BS that leads them to think we are weak.
Remember, Bin Laden said that he realised we were weak when we cut and ran in Mogadishu.
Old 09-27-2006

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
"rag heads'
I'll stand by that, and remind you that taunting, goading, and insulting of mortal enemies is a widely accepted and practiced art which even Western Europeans used to be quite good at. In these PC times, too little of it is done and what is done is often done poorly. The terrorists are rag heads smoking the wrong hookah pipe, deluding themselves by wrapping tattered rags around their heads and dreaming they can be the great scholars and rulers that their ancestors were in days long gone by. And forgetting, those great ancestors were nothing more than another flash in the pan, another empire fallen, reduced to squabbling beggars starving in the desert while they ignored a changing world around them and made war on each other.

When you ask "how many xtians" ask yourself first, when the Church of Rome was the same age that Islam is now, what was it doing? Let's see...the Spanish Inquisition (convert or die if you were a non-Christian in Spain), the Crusades (first two million casualties were other European peasants along the way to Jerusalem, plundered pillaged and raped by the Crusaders), the forced conversion and elimination of hte native South American peoples....

Yeah, that Church is a shining example. Sad proof that the "Children of the Book" have more in common than many of them want to admit. Proof the zealotry and intolerance are nothing new.
Old 09-27-2006

sailnuts is on a distinguished road
God Bless the USA and Homeland Security!

It's to bad things were not working better in the USA for the people who died in the WorldTradeTowers.
The Coast Guard is here for US. They have always been able to board vessels. I don't believe they board any more frequently now then before 9/11, which says a lot for security. It's nice knowing they know who they're looking for because of the resources they have. I've been boating for years and have only received a friendly wave from border security including the Coast Guard. Without the resources Homeland Security uses the boarder may even be more restricted because they wouldn't know for sure who is who.
I've had a passport for years and have used it frequently. Why would you not want to have a pass port? It's a right to every law abiding citizen to have one.

God Bless the USA! May the powers that be make it safe to boat forever!
Old 09-27-2006

Shack is on a distinguished road
RICK -- FEMA & Official Government Reports . . .

I've seen plenty of "official government reports"

I work for the government . . . If you saw the level of work ethic behind many of our so called "government experts" one wouldn't put alot of faith in their results.

I guess FEMA was all screwed up during the Katrina stuff - so say the fear mongers. But NOW their report on the melting temperatures of broken steel beams is "noteworthy" research. Can't have it both ways.

People use "expert reports" to their own advantages. Just becaue the "government" put out a report doesn't make it reality. Government effort quite often means it came from the LOWEST BIDDER. Keep that in mind wit al the other great government successes (Challenger, Discovery, Somalia, Viet Nam, etc . . .)

People can believe what ever they want to believe. Just becasue one reads a book or two on the subject does not make one an expert nor credible. This only gives one a frame of reference, but it is never comprehensive.

So - as for your conspiracy thing - forget the slanted science and try a match a motive as well. I don't know why people see "government" employees and nameless, faceless, motherless clones who are mass produced w/out identity in some secret government lab. Such nameless individuals may fit one's preceptions - like the one guy who always get's wacked on Capt Kirks's away team. On the contrary, I'd rather challenge one to find a hundred government workers with knowledge of demolitions and killing who would peform such a far fetched conspiratory mission (blowing up the trade centers) and not have some question as to why they are doing it? . .. or have some issue with the mission, and tell no one.

WELL - if such an all powerful group actually exists (outside of hollywood fantasy) then its not worth talking about it because they would defy not only the laws of the nation - but the laws of nature and all reality. There would therefore be no point in worry about them becasue they would be unstoppable.

Nonsense.

Passports are a good thing.
Old 09-27-2006

Nicco61 is on a distinguished road
Thank Allah you weren't talking about those idiots that screen in the airports. Nothing but another government sponsored welfare program.
Old 09-28-2006

Shack is on a distinguished road
TSA Screeners

NICCO
I'd have to say "Amen Brother"

I still can't figure out why a set of nail clippers or a pocket knife is suppose to be so threatening. Does someone actually believe that a guy shaking a pair of knitting needles at plane load of Americans is NOT going to get his ass totally stompped!?

What has our post 9/11 society come to when we shake in fear from a guy weilding a deadly pair of scissors?

Granted - prior to 9/11 - conventional thought due to previous incidents was to 'go along with a hijacker' and eventually get released. I don't think anyone is willing to barter that angle anymore.
Old 09-28-2006
Banned

Rickm505 is on a distinguished road
Shack

I hear what you're saying and I don't disagree but only to a point. I'm not a conspiracy buff, and my point is that regardless of who wrote the World Tade Center reports, the common denominator is that burning Jet fuel can not melt steel. In all of the news video, melted steel is evident, and all of the offical reports acknowlege this but don't address it.

What the civil engineering experts are screaming about is that in a year of experimenting, they can not duplicate the phenomenon of jet fuel melting steel under any circumstances. It's this melted steel which brought down the buildings, and if the crashed jets didn't cause it, then what did? If you read the dissenting reports, many questions are raised for which there are no answers.

These reports present a mystery, and to solve it you take one step at a time. Hopefully each step leads in the right direction. As the final report stands, many experts are amazed at the gaping holes presented, and aren't accepting it. As for motive?... For all we know, another terrorist team was involved, and escaped unnoticed.

In my humble opinion, we owe it to the families of those who perished to find the answers.

Rick in Florida
Old 09-28-2006

kennya is on a distinguished road
I started this thread not to express fear or apprehension toward the possible closing of our borders. I agree for the most part with the concept, of closed borders. If a driverís license and birth certificate is no longer expectable to reenter the States, I have no problem with a Pass Port. I spent a number of years in Europe and crossing borders is only a miner inconvenience. We have all been spoiled by the ease of movement across our borders. I for one support knowing who enters our country, but I also can see sometime in the future all citizens will have to carry paper of some kind.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.