Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Boat Usage: The Survey Says...........

How did you use your boat in term of percentage?

Use as

1. Daysailer or weekender
2. Off shore adventure
3. Condo on water with you inside
4. Condo on water with you on dry land

Total should add up to 100%, folks.......
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
You left out cruising. That's not necessarily offshore, and it isn't full time sailing, but it's not really a condo on the water either if you're on the hook.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-14-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
You also left out

6) Condo on dry land, while doing the refitting to avoid sailing

which is what is happening with a certain 41' houseboat you see in someone's avatar.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-14-2006

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Hey there Sailingdog, whatcha mean 41' housboat. You're really asking for it now. I'm not defending Surf, I used to own a CT 41' and for a mono hull (I know you don't like those) she was a very nice sailing vessel. And pretty handy too. We sailed in the Delta on the rivers and used the engine only when we had to. There is usually lots of wind in the Delta.
I would probably still own her if my morgage hadn't prohibited me from going out of the Gate farther than 50 miles.
Anyway, in terms of stability, a catamaran comes a lot closer to being a houseboat than a beautifully designed Garden Ketch.
Old 09-14-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I wouldn't call it a houseboat if I thought it was ever going to see the bottom get wet... but it's got a huge set of wooden stairs leading up to it. It looks like it is there to stay.

I have nothing against monohulls, and sail on them quite often... but I prefer multihulls. One of my crew is disabled, and he would be at a serious disadvantage on a monohull, and probably end up in the water most days... on a tri...he doesn't worry about it, and he can get around fairly well.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-14-2006
yacht broker

captnnero is on a distinguished road
clear the launch way !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog
You also left out

6) Condo on dry land, while doing the refitting to avoid sailing

which is what is happening with a certain 41' houseboat you see in someone's avatar.
SD, you may be out there dog paddling but your number 6 is a low blow. All's fair for The Club members I suppose .

At the very least you're providing the good skipper with more launching motivation.

For my headstone:

If I'd only listened to those guys about that wing keel...
Old 09-14-2006
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys, just modify as you see fit. Just wanted to see how everyone uses their boat.
Old 09-14-2006

Parley is on a distinguished road
Let's see...
Catalina on the hard 1 yr now, going thru total refit, bottom job (including blister repair, paint), etc, etc...

Present use for Catalina: 6b) Condo on dry land while refitting to GET SAILING AGAIN. - 100%

Ah, purchased hobie 16 as I could not stand not sailing: 1) Daysailor - 100%

Normal use for Catalina when wet:
1) 32% (Catalina 27 is NOT going offshore - no matter how much the skipper wants to - next boat).
4) 68% (Doggon, I gotta pay for this stuff).
Old 09-14-2006
yacht broker

captnnero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG
Hey Guys, just modify as you see fit. Just wanted to see how everyone uses their boat.
Ok, gotcha.

You can put me down for a #1.

For my headstone:

If I'd only listened to those guys about that wing keel...
Old 09-14-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Let's see now.....presently daysailing until the slip lease runs out (6 months for refit) at end of October. Some 2-7 day trips on the Texas Coast starting next week. Then it's off to Florida for the winter and then head up the East Coast with the spring. Primary use will be cruising, or at anchor when I find a place worth stay at for a bit, and then cruise to the next one.

Sailingdog....I'm ashamed of you. Just cause Surferboy is always ragging on people about not sailing, that you'd think anything he says applies to him as well. After all, he did say he goes out on Sundays to watch TV.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog