Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006
Coastal Cruiser

Bill Mc is on a distinguished road
Full Moon for this weekend!!

Anyone else going to take advantage of the Full Moon this weekend and go out for a night sail? I plan on purchasing some personal strobe lites to wear just incase of a COB/MOB. We have been lucky all season, but I do not want to tempt fate. Last weekend we dropped the hook for a swim and lunch and a couple we know gave us a shout on the VHF and we rafted up. He told me he would not swim in this yucky water we call Pamlico Sound. After lunch we made plans for a short sail to Bath to spend the nite on the hook. He managed to raise his anchor first and proceeded to motor in circles around us while we were raising ours. I informed him that he was going to mow over a couple crab pots and he stated that he has a full keel on his Cheoy-Lee and its no concern. After raising the hook and heading off we noticed he was stripping down to his shorts. We reset our anchor poured another cocktail and waited for him to untangle the two pots he winched up from the abyss. Another great entry to our log book and another memerable trip.

P.S. Dont forget the Excedrin for Neptune..

Bill & Cindy Jo
S/V Tumbleweed
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
If you subscribe to John Vigor's Black Box theory, you'd know that it is completely foolish to tempt the sea gods with such an arrogant set of statements. He got what he deserved.

I will be headed down to the marina tomorrow for five days of sailing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 10-04-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Going out tonight, Friday and Saturday, and possibly Sunday. Wish I had the new battery bank in so I could hang on the hook instead of going back in.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 10-04-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
John-

That's what I have solar panels for.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 10-04-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Only got one Group 24 right now (with wind gen) doesn't last long with the reefer going and a couple of lights. But the worst part of coming back in is the Kemah Boardwalk. Lots and lots and lots of lights, makes it real hard to find the markers and you definitely want to stay in the channel.

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 10-04-2006
Coastal Cruiser

Bill Mc is on a distinguished road
Kemah, TX

John,

I lived in Kemah in 1979-80 when it had one tavern/barber shop. The house I owned cost $8000 and I could not get financing because it was an uninsurable area. We would get flooded out and looted 2-3 times a year. What fun, I was just a newlywed. Memories.. Sorry for the regression, I hope to get down there and see how it has evolved. As for your power problems, I put a big dent in my power consumption by purchasing some LED lights from http://www.sailorssolutions.com/ called sensibulb. All the previous lighting products I wasted money on gave poor performance and gastly light. I was so pleased with this product I outfitted my whole boat with them 12 in all. With them all on I use 1 3/4 amps. No heat, but I dare say you will need sunglasses.

Fair Wind and following Sea's

Bill
Old 10-05-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

It's definitely changed then. Got a big new bridge and the whole south side of the channel between 146 and the water is resteraunts, amusement rides and shops, as well as a marina. Clear Lake is chock full of marinas as well.

Had already planned on switching to LED's, just haven't got that far yet. Of course, the 3 Group 31's should help as well.

JCP

- Website & Blog