Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2006

jmunson2 is on a distinguished road
Good point about the IP. As I'm in currently zero position to afford such a craft, it simply represents a "target" to reach/dream for. Trying to find that magic money tree consumes much of my time and efforts these days... However, when the time comes to actually acquire a live-aboardable yacht, I'll certainly keep customizability as a benny. As a side-note, my wife and I liked the layout of the 445. We do, however, have much research to do.

As a result of the powerboat show, we really liked the PDQ 34. I didn't think I'd enjoy a cat - being a bit more costly than monohulls, but I did enjoy that one. That lead me to the PDQ yachts website to check for a sailing version - which is the Antares 44i. As we both really enjoyed the layout of the 34, I found the 44i to be more of what we're both looking for. So, this leads me to the conclusion there are probably numbers of yachts out there that will satisfy and much further research, and patience, is needed. Anyone considering a cat may wish to give them a look.

Sincerely,

/s/ Jon C. Munson II
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook