SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

"Picture of the week" submission thread

18K views 82 replies 39 participants last post by  bblument 
#1 · (Edited)
You may have noticed that the home page now features a 'picture of the week'. I/we will endeavour to update this every Sunday, the chosen picture will run for the week. I'll be culling shots from the site when I see them, but thought I'd start this thread as a way to get new shots on a regular basis that are easy to find.

Selection will be totally arbitrary, whatever appeals most at the moment so don't get all out of shape if your picture isn't 'chosen'. Will try to spread the love around somewhat.

Pictures should be sharp, please use Photobucket or some such rather than the thumbnail feature so they all are judged on the same basis. PB does a nice job of pre-sizing the images for the forum.

Have at it! Remember we're looking for pictures that would be appropriate for a sailing magazine cover shot, that sort of thing.

#62 · (Edited)
Synergy under Spinnaker Approaching Bridge 2

Old Blue knocked down

These were taken during a recent Chesapeake Shorthanded Sailing Society (CHESSS) Challenge. We all started on a deep reach in 8-10 knots of wind. A couple of us decided to fly our spinnakers single-hand. The first picture is my Farr 11.6, "Synergy" sailing through the Bay Bridge. Once we got north of the Bridge the wind began to build quickly with gusts to nearly 20 knots. The second picture is of John Zseleczky's Pearson 30, "Old Blue" taking a knock down during one of the larger gusts. John did a masterful job of getting "Old Blue" back up on her feet and dousing the chute by himself in those conditions. Both photos were taken by Jim Little-@ JamesLittle3 .

#65 ·
This is a terrific thread. I don't use an image hosting site and can only put up a thumbnail.... so I won't bother to unless mods want to dnload and move it to another site and then re post the image. How bout dat?

#67 ·
Great photos. Not sure we can post any as the "picture of the week" as, I believe, in order to not violate copyright, they must be photos that SN members took. I could be wrong.

Still. Great pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.