Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2006

twincepto is on a distinguished road
Can anyone help me identify this sailboat?

Hi,

I'm from Norway and need some help identifying this sailboat I just bought. I'm pretty sure it's not scandinavian, most likely european of some sort.

The steering wheel / steering system is not original, and I plan to remove it ASAP. The steering wheel may be british... sure looks like it, but it is not original on this boat so you can disregard it completely...

Other information:
Lifting keel, and two small keels on each side (for stability??)
Length boat: apprx. 5,2 meters / 17 feet
Length mast: apprx. 6 meters.

Thanks in forehand for all help you may be able to provide!

Twin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg akter.jpg (39.6 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg profil.jpg (22.4 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg baug.jpg (38.5 KB, 200 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
For some reason it reminds me of a westerly....might want to take a look at them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 10-27-2006
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog
For some reason it reminds me of a westerly....might want to take a look at them.
You might be right SD.

Twincepto check out...

http://www.westerly-owners.co.uk/index.html

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 10-27-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I was doing some work on a Westerly Nomad a few weeks ago...and it has similar lines to the Nomad, but is a bit smaller.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 10-27-2006
Telstar 28

Did a bit more research, and haven't found a Westerly that was that small.. so it may not be a Westerly. However, the lines are fairly similar, so it may be by the same designer.

The twin keels are fairly common on British designed boats for some reason...

Telstar 28
New England

Old 10-27-2006

Gary M is on a distinguished road
There is a Britsh built boat that I saw years ago, a Southcoast I believe that was somewhat simliar.
The reason they have two keels and in this case it looks like centreboards on them is so that when the tide goes out they stay upright until it comes back in again.
Old 10-27-2006
Telstar 28

Yes, apparently, many of the harbors and anchorages that are commonly used in the UK dry out to some degree at low tide.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 10-28-2006

I asked at the westerly forums... and looked at some of the pictures as well... both the guys at the forums and I doubt that its a westerly...

Any other guesses?

I'm also interested if you know of other people/places where I can ask... someone somewhere must know what boat this is...

Thanks for all help!

Twin
Old 10-28-2006

seagrave79 is on a distinguished road
Though I doubt the pictured boat is one, the Alacrity 18 has a similar twin keel (though much deeper) design. The folks on that list might have an idea. The Alacrity is UK-designed.

Walt
Pearson Coaster #114
"Passages"
Old 10-31-2006

Hey... I think I'm on to something. Take a look at these fotos:
http://www.yc-moerbisch.at/pics/arch...lanaverre.html

It's a Lanaverre 510. It's not exactly the one but the hull is almost identical. The cabin is to short though, but has much of the same shape. I'm pretty certain it's some kind of Lanaverre, probably a other version.

I've been searching for more pictures and can't find any. Can anyone help with links to Lanaverre boats?

Does Lanaverre still produce boats?

Twin