Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2006

mtrhed is on a distinguished road
Help! I'm Seeking Info On This Boat....

Hi everyone,
Thanks for looking. I just bought this boat and am looking for some more information on the class. Northwest Yacht Constructors (NYC) in Washington State produced the boat in the 70's. NYC was one of many fine boat builders that sold-out or went under due to the cost of resin in the 70's. NYC sold out to Erickson.
I was able to track down one of the former owners of NYC and he remembered the boat. He said that his partner found the hull for this boat in Norway and that it was an "Oswald Class" boat. The only change he said was made to the production boat was to make the cockpit self-bailing. The man claimed that the boat was a well-rounded sailer. He said the hull seemed to thrive in the chop and really excel in high winds.
The hull is 18 feet long and very narrow. The boat has a fiberglass molded lapstrake hull, a swing keel with a bulb, and a fractional rig. I can find no info for these boats on the Internet but would like to find out more on the class or maybe contact others owners of the approximately 150 of these boats that were produced by NYC.
Thanks for your attention.
Mtrhed@comcast.net
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oswald_A1.jpg (33.8 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Oswald_B1.JPG (40.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Oswald_C1.JPG (58.7 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Oswald_D1.JPG (52.0 KB, 52 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook