Best Looking MALE Mod
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington State
Thanked 124 Times in 57 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Why Can't You...
Ok, this is a new thread to have a little fun with... but those of you that have lived aboard or cruised, you can't tell me some of these thoughts have not crossed your mind!! So, with a laugh or two, here goes:
1) VHF is Line of Sight, right? So why can't you fly a kite with a metal string (as your antennae) and communicate with China??
2) You know, we are always resticted by space. I don't care if I was on the QEII, I would fill it up. So, since we are limited by hull speed anyway, why can't you build a small boat that looked like a floating POD behind you and tow it with you? Hey, come to think of it, if you are towing... wouldn't that give you right of way over almost everyone too!
3) Ahh the Abacos. South America. Polynesia. Now, I undersatnd the rules of checking in & out of a country, but why couldn't you anchor in the Abacos way off the beaten path and make yourself self suffient and dissapear from the world? Who would really ever know?
4) Need money? Now, with the rediculous amount of money our country throws in the crappers, why can't you put together a grant proposal to study the global effects of Coral Reef Bleeching and go cruising for free???
5) Why can't I fill my dink up with Helium and totally reduce the drag when pulling it? Hydrogen came to mind too, but after my experience with the grill (Old Chronicles of Cruising), it sounds a little dangerous. But Helium... hmm. Kinda like a balloon for grown men!
HAHA! Now that was fun. I don't want any of you gjys stealing my ideas. I am writing my patents right now!!
Last edited by Cruisingdad; 11-02-2006 at 01:30 PM.