SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Search Engine Specialized In Sailing

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  denverd0n 
#1 ·
Hello,

Just a message to introduce a new search engine specialized in sailing : Search-Sail.com.

Does someone already used it ? What do you think about it?

#2 ·
I have used it, but unfortunatly if you type a kind of boat in that is not very wel known you get things that have nothing to do with what you typed. It works best for me if I only search for things like "Optimist Dinghy" or "O'day", it is easy to find things if you type the boat maker of class.

#3 ·
Not particularly impressed, just tried it, and it crashed on my first two searches.. Any site that does that generally doesn't get a second chance.

#6 ·
Matlacha Sailing at Fort Myers Beach Florida

I am trying to get my business up and running again. Any one know how I could apply for a grant to drop flags aroung manatees to ward off pleasure boats, or how I could receive a grant to take out underpriviledged kids on a sailboat and teach them charts and stuff, please let me know.

Thanks, Capt Jim Kennedy OUPV

#7 ·
Reviving a thread that has been dormant for 7 years, and tagging an unrelated question onto it, is hardly the best way to get useful responses to your questions. You need to start your own, new thread, with a meaningful and appropriate subject line.

Beyond that, I don't think you're going to find a lot of experts in applying for grants on this particular forum. You would probably have better luck if you could find a forum for people who work with non-profit organizations and/or in academia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.