SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

When you wished you had a bigger boat

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  sailortjk1 
#1 ·
#5 ·
#6 ·
Oi !!

How come your picture shows up and mine only appears as a URL ??

I'm going to go and have a good old sulk !

You can't treat a SENIOR MEMBER in such a cavalier fashion. Wow, Senior, seems like only yesterday I was but a wee Junior now I'sh awl groan up.

#7 ·

TDW--

You posted your link as a url link not an image link.. DOH. See the difference. ;)

#8 ·
Can you imagine that conversation? "Okay Jimmy c'mere. See that kayak? Looks gooood. Now, here's what you're gonna do. You're gonna paddle that kayak out there amongst those great white sharks. Paddle all around, and tell us if it hurts when they bite cha." "Well awright. Hold muh sign, I don't wanna lose it."

Adapted from a Bill Engvall joke.

#10 ·
You know how Great Whites get that big? Eating Kayaks.

I can just see the photographer looking for someone in Aussie: "Hey, Mate. How's about paddlin' that boat right over there for us while we throws a bit-a chum out there in water. What's the chum fer? Well, don't you worry about that none. But when I tells ya, paddle really fast. Allright, allright. Here's five bucks."

#13 ·
Great White Trust?

Oxymoron of the month, albeit probably unintentional, has to be great white trust. From all I've read that's about the last thing applicable to the breed.

The photo does remind me of Marlin Perkins from the St Louis zoo, on his program "Wild Kingdom". Marlin, in his immaculately fitted and pressed bush jacket, would describe how Stan, suitably muscled and clad in his Sears working khakis, would drop out of our helicopter onto a thirty foot python and wresle it into submission with six feet of rope and a burlap bag. I always had the sneaking suspicion that Marlin was enjoying a dry Beefeater martini somewhere before Stan even hit the ground.

Great photo.

#17 ·
TassieBloke said:
Practicing Eskimo Rolls With Greater Efficiency

To increase your roll efficiency, include a motivational aspect to your practice session. An example of such is attached for reference.
Now That is funny. :D

#18 ·
Reminds me of a line from Crocodile Dundee,

Mik is in the NYC bar, swapping stories with the locals, one has just told a whopper when Mik comes back with one of how he'd shot a big salt water croc and when they opened her up she had a Filipino canoe in it with two guys still paddling.

I think this one comes a tad closer. WAaaay too close for me.

I saw the movie Jaws and wouldnt sit on a crapper for a week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.